Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G2 32GB €415 Delivered + VAT - Can't decide.....

Options
  • 23-10-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days, and it has gotten cheaper, which is more alluring.. :)
    I have had to skip through parts of the forum because my electricity keeps going off, and i've been skipping over the posts with no information regarding the phone/offer.

The LG G2 (32GB) can be delivered for €415. with a 5 day delivery.

Loads of People in France getting it within 5 days, marked as gift and paid €20 Duty if caught.

It would be €94 here if caught as an LG G2 Purchased and full Duty (According to Duty Calculator, and maths :) ). Which would still be way cheaper than anywhere near here.
    France Duty is 20% Which would be €82, which as far as i have read, nobody has paid to DHL.
    yes indeed I asked to declare the value of the package via DHL to $ 20 and he began describing a battery + charger phone. I confirm that to market my case given that my package is going through customs.

So whatever way it is marked, it seems DHL have Duty at €20 in France.
    No problems reported yet and a couple of videos up showing the unboxing, and it working.
    Good reviews from the people that bought it.

My Electricity has been on and off all day, so i haven't read further than page 48 or 49, Linking to forum from where they originally start to speak about the offer on ebay. (Halfway down the page)

Nightly builds of Cyanogenmod HERE (4.3)

Gapps HERE

I didn't put this in Bargain Alerts for many reasons. One being the Duty, even though it still works out much cheaper.

BLACK VERSION ON EBAY
    WHITE VERSION ON EBAY

Should i bite the bullet and go for it?

EDIT - If anyone else is considering getting it, It seems to be cheaper to buy in Australian Dollars than in Euro, Ebay/Paypal with their shítty conversion rates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Why not wait for Nexus 5 made again by LG?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Why not wait for Nexus 5 made again by LG?

Yeah. What price will that be?

I don't know, i have been thinking about it... I may buy this anyway, and sell it for slightly less later.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Thinking of buy the LG... Any reasons not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

MJ434 wrote: »
    Thinking of buy the LG... Any reasons not to?

The G2 is better than the Nexus 5 in every way if you can put up with LG's awful UI.

Advertisement