Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for somebody to cut my grass (Cavan area)

Options
  • 23-10-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody knew of anybody in the Cavan area who strims and cuts grass?

My front and back garden are .4acre and with one thing and another I have not had the time to cut it. Im looking to see how much it would cost for somebody to do it for me. Once it is cut I will be making sure that I maintain it so that it does not grow as much as it has.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

gazzer wrote: »
    I was wondering if anybody knew of anybody in the Cavan area who strims and cuts grass?

My front and back garden are .4acre and with one thing and another I have not had the time to cut it. Im looking to see how much it would cost for somebody to do it for me. Once it is cut I will be making sure that I maintain it so that it does not grow as much as it has.

Thanks

very few lads would have interest in that kind of a one off job. how would you expect him to make money on that? call out once and give a quote and then call out a second time to do the job. do you not want to do it now because its gone too long and your afraid you will break your lawnmower or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

So I take it you don't know anyone mengele. Not a helpful post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

mengele wrote: »
    very few lads would have interest in that kind of a one off job. how would you expect him to make money on that? call out once and give a quote and then call out a second time to do the job. do you not want to do it now because its gone too long and your afraid you will break your lawnmower or what?
    How do builders, doctors, dentists, hairdressers, plumbers, electricians, handymen, tilers, removal companies, painters & decorators, carpenters, locksmiths, funeral directors etc etc etc make money? The answer is by charging for services rendered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

mengele wrote: »

:D:D:D What are you talking about? Did you actually read my post????

How would I expect somebody to make money from cutting my grass....UHMMMM let me think. Perhaps I would give them money for their time. Radical idea I know but it is worth a shot.

I ended up getting a phone number from a friend of a friend last night for a guy who lives a mile away and cuts the grass of some people in the area.

I spoke to him last night. Lovely man and he is going to pop out to the house early next week and let me know what sort of money it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

gazzer wrote: »
    I ended up getting a phone number from a friend of a friend last night for a guy who lives a mile away and cuts the grass of some people in the area.

I spoke to him last night. Lovely man and he is going to pop out to the house early next week and let me know what sort of money it will be.

how much are you expecting to pay out of curiosity

Well I imagine the guy would want to be paid per hour so if it takes 2 days to do it I imagine it could be near the 200 euro mark.

He said to me on the phone that "Without" seeing the grass it would be around 100 euro but the grass is quiet high in the back garden so it would take more work I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Is it just grass you have? Or do you have any hard to cut overgrown stuff? .4 acre of land with just long grass shouldnt take two days to cut. Firstly get the rough of it cut, and collected, then strim/mow down to a manageable level. 3/4 hours of work would do it if you had a Sunday free. Not sure of prices as I'm not in the business but for 200e you could buy your own strimmer and petrol and do it yourself.

stooge wrote: »
    Is it just grass you have? Or do you have any hard to cut overgrown stuff? .4 acre of land with just long grass shouldnt take two days to cut. Firstly get the rough of it cut, and collected, then strim/mow down to a manageable level. 3/4 hours of work would do it if you had a Sunday free. Not sure of prices as I'm not in the business but for 200e you could buy your own strimmer and petrol and do it yourself.

In the back garden there is a lot of overgrown stuff. I have my own petrol strimmer and mower and in the past I have cut the grass myself (in the front garden) but in the last 6 months with much longer hours in work and other issues I just have not had the chance to do it. In the next couple of months with college at weekends and work on weekdays etc I dont think I will have the chance to cut it.

The back and front garden are 0.4 acres each so 0.8 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aarofly

I will cut it!! Call me! 0861921219!! Im 15:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,571 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

unfortunately, the thread is over a year and a half old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Should be fairly long by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aarofly

No **** :/

Advertisement