Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress site with user profiles

Options
  • 23-10-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi i'm looking to have a website made to showcase my clients and was wondering if there was a wordpress solution? basically i'm a talent agent and was hoping to set something up where it's possible to browse my clients, each having a profile with experience, photos, video links ext.

would really appreciate the help as I know how to use html and css, I have made websites in the past using dreamweaver but nothing on this level before. i've never used wordpress to make a website before and i'm stuck on what exactly i will need.

Thank you very much for reading

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you planning to update the profiles yourself or do you want your clients to be able to update their own profiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

Hi Graham, thanks for very much for writing back. i would prefer for them to update it themselves but i would need a restriction on it to make sure no personal details are placed, since i will be representing them. like maybe i could have to approve the page? if it came to inputting their data myself it wouldn't be to much of an issue as i'm picky about who i take on and there wouldn't be to many. whatever is easiest

Just off the top of my head, here's one option:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-frontend/

With a Pro version of the same plugin:

http://wedevs.com/plugin/wp-user-frontend-pro/

Looks like you can put together a custom 'Profile' and allow your clients to edit their profiles from the front-end. You can also restrict updated profiles such that they require approval from you before publishing (i.e. they are draft posts).

I'm sure there's more options out there, that's just the first one I found. Add a nice theme to that and you could have the foundations of a site.

Note added: I haven't tried this plugin personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 metrobro

this sounds perfect, guess i'll be getting started today. thanks very much

RB Agency might also be worth a look http://rbplugin.com/wordpress/model-talent-agency-software/

Google for :
    Wordpress Model Agency Theme
    Wordpress Model Agency Plugin
    Wordpress Talent Agency Theme
    etc etc etc.

Before buying a theme/template:
    if you can, try and view the existing support forums for the theme. See what the common problems are, how quickly the author responds etc. Also look for working demos or real world examples using the theme/template.

• Advertisement
Advertisement