Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice about 2002 toyota corolla

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I'm looking for a second hand car.

I've seen a 02 Corolla 1.4 petrol for €2000. It has a years NCT, tax till December and has 140,000 miles on the clock.

Basically do you think that two grand is too much or is about the average price?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems a fair price, they are fairly in demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭agfasfos

If the body work is not bad could be a goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

I sold a 2001 Corolla which was in very good condition and with 9 months NCT for less than half that price. These cars are not that easy to sell so I would offer a lot less than €2,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Clean Corollas are easy to sell in this country. €2k is about right for the newer type 2002 Corolla. Saloons are worth a bit less than hatchbacks too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

OP is it the new model that came out in 02 or the old model?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

solas111 wrote: »
    I sold a 2001 Corolla which was in very good condition and with 9 months NCT for less than half that price. These cars are not that easy to sell so I would offer a lot less than €2,000.
    2002 could be the old or the new model. If it's the new model it will fetch 2k all day long.

Was yours a 5dr liftback? No one wants those and they usually only go for about €800-1k. The saloon and particularly the 3dr are a good bit more popular and do fetch more as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

as above, 2k is a competitive price if its the newer (e12) model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 quigs12345

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Its the new model of corolla

The car hasn't been taxed in about 4 months according to mywheels.ie, will I have to back tax it or just pay from the month I bought it onwards?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From the beginning of the month you become the registered owner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement