Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New CW campaign and free VK72.01s

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:27pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/cw/new-campaign-coming/

The top 10,000 fame points earners get a VK 72.01 free.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The rules on how to gain fame are up; basic earned exp/15 with multiple possible ways to earn multipliers or amounts for the whole clan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a lot more filled out and complex than the previous campaign, a promising sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Anyone else on here participating in it? I'm doing fairly respectable on the list, just have to make sure I can show up for battles regularly.

I like how it's dependant on the player this time to earn his own points, and not just play 5-10 battles and go AWOL for the remainder of the campaign while your clanmates carry you.

It should be interesting to see some players in "lesser" clans perhaps getting their hands on the reward tank.

Anyone else here get the VK 72.01 (K)? I saw Wuuzii, a former Boards.ie member, finished in the top 10,000.

Same gun as E-100 but longer reload, better speed and acceleration than E-100 too.The rear turret is strange since I haven't played one like it since the VK 4502(P) Ausf. B at tier 9 which was a while ago. Only carries 24 rounds compared to E-100's 50 rounds so selection of HE and anti-tank shells is a bit annoying.

Having a ready-made crew is nice too and using gun rammer, ventilation and enhanced gun laying drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Yeah, I got one in my clan. PIRATES

This is offially my favorite tank. Loved the rear turret look of the Ausf. B since beta. Gun is more accurate than I thought would be. Have the same set-up as you Aenaes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Expect a nerf on the tank as the players it's given to will get to good win ratio way to quick (top 10kish players on server basically ensures this).

M60 hasn't been nerfed yet and you could argue it was given to a smaller but less skilled player-base (members of the top 30 clans).

I don't think the developers will look too closely at the stats of these reward tanks. They designed them specifically not to be overpowered. M60 is a slower version of M48 and VK is a slightly more mobile E-100 with less hitpoints, longer reload and longer aim time.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

I must say, its a fantastic tank, compared to the M60 , for that matter compared to a lot of tanks.

fh5z5.png

i0p9w.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I must say, its a fantastic tank, compared to the M60 , for that matter compared to a lot of tanks.

I'm always well inclined towards the freak tanks, but this one does seem to be far more of a gold/credits sinks in comparison to the far more generally usable M60.

Spear wrote: »
    I'm always well inclined towards the freak tanks, but this one does seem to be far more of a gold/credits sinks in comparison to the far more generally usable M60.

Do you mean using premium shells?

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    Do you mean using premium shells?

Yes, it's 234 pen for normal shells but approx 330 for HEAT rounds, much the same as the E-100.

Yeah, I've heard the argument before about "having" to use HEAT for the E-100 but I've mostly used AP myself. Played the VK for 2 battles and haven't used one premium shell yet, AP is definitely usable.

Advertisement