Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems on Digiweb\Smart anyone?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I have had Smart Telecom for the last 5 years here in Dundalk and have never had any issues with the service, speed was always 7M on a 10M DSL connection.

Recently the service was finally rebranded as Digiweb and the service has become very hit and miss, I noticed initially that the service would randomly disconnect but this settled down, in the last week the speeds have dropped anywhere between 1M and 3M and the pings have increased from an average of 40ms to near 400ms, this always happens in the evening and at weekends.

Rebooting the router makes no difference, this goes on all evening, come the morning and everything returns to normal.

Anybody else seeing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Same issue here normal during the day crap in the evening.

Since Smart have been taken over by Digichimp the service has gone to the dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 30 "Beaker"

22:15 Pressure must be easing, ping down to 140ms and speed creeping back up to near 2M, correct me if I am wrong but this is supposed to be an uncontended service :confused: (well Smart always insisted it was as)

Advertisement