Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking an access order

Options
  • 22-10-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone Im wondering if anyone can give me some advice on breaking a court order. My ex partner took me to court for guardianship of my little boy and also an access order. Since we split up he has turned very nasty and bitter towards me. I always comply with the order and agree if he needs to change his days or times etc. I asked him today if I could hold onto my little boy on a weekend that he is supposed to have him and for him to have my little boy another weekend as it is my nephews christening and we really wany my little boy to be a part of it. We dont have a big family and my little boy only gets to see his little cousins every few months. My ex said that it wasent ok to swap weekends. He said its his weekend to have him and hes having him. He is absolutely impossible. I don't know what to do. Do I break the court order and bring my little boy regardless or is there another way of doing things. I would be really grateful if anyone has any advice for me. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Obey the court order. No matter what the relationship is between you and your ex, it's what his relationship is like between him and the child is what matters. If thats at issue you go back to court.

In the words of the worlds foremost expert on this (IMO) "You picked him".

• Registered Users Posts: 3 loulou85

Bepolite wrote: »
    Obey the court order. No matter what the relationship is between you and your ex, it's what his relationship is like between him and the child is what matters. If thats at issue you go back to court.

Yes I did pick him unfortunately. People change and he changed dramatically for the worst. Hes very bitter and twisted. He took my little boy one day and didnt bring him home. Wouldnt tell me where he was and I eventually found out that he had taken my little boy to his ex girlfriends house for the night. I told him that he wasent having the child overnight anymore but he could see him any day that he liked. He then took me to court for overnight access. Thats how it all started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I doubt it constitutes legal advice to say "obey the law".

Obey the law.
    Bepolite wrote: »
    6a00d83451b8c369e2014e5f459914970c-800wi.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement