Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tuxedo

Options
  • 22-10-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭

Folks, I am looking to hire a tux for a dance, no biggie but I want to get a velvet jacket instead of the normal jacket.

does anyone know of any hire shops on the northside of Dublin that hire out tux's wuth velvet jackets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Floppybits wrote: »
    Folks, I am looking to hire a tux for a dance, no biggie but I want to get a velvet jacket instead of the normal jacket.

does anyone know of any hire shops on the northside of Dublin that hire out tux's wuth velvet jackets?

TBH You might be better off mixing and matching if you want a velvet jacket- ie buying the separates, because you'll be well able to use the different elements again and it'll fit you properly. Velvet is a tough sell for a lot of guys who hire out tuxedos, I doubt you'll find many places with a full spectrum of sizes etc to choose from.

I always recommend this link to guys thinking about doing something different/ on a budget. You probably have a half decent white shirt, and some grey or black dress trousers somewhere.

http://tsbmen.com/24190/formal-party-tuxedo-rental-alternatives/

You can get the blazer in loads of places at the moment:

Topman

Marks & Spencers

River Island (That one's fairly pricey alright)

You an also get really great velvet blazers in places like Eager Beaver and other vintage/ 2nd hand shops in town. I got a great black one for €35 that I wear for black tie/ formal events all the time. It looks great.

Advertisement