Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation Help / Advise

Options
  • 22-10-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

Looking for some advise, I bought a triax box recently its a saorview with sat and I'm having trouble hooking up the sat LNB connection. From what I gather its the wall outlet that's the issue, its a standard old coaxial wall outlet. I live in an apartment so there is a shared dish wired to the apartment or so I'm told.

I wonder would it be possible for me, (ambitious DIY er!) to change the outlet to support the LNB connection.

Any advise?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Yes it would be possible for DIY but I'd first check with the management company that you are allowed to do this as they may retain ownership of the network. Satellite wall outlets should be F Type ie screw on and non isolating to allow voltage pass through . Are you sure there's a satellite feed available as its pretty strange that the correct wall plate should not already be fitted

I wonder would it be possible for me, (ambitious DIY er!) to change the outlet to support the LNB connection. .

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Terryfields

Thanks tony,

I was having a look at it this evening, I screwed off the wall outlet and there are 2 loose cables in the outlet, I'm assuming these are to the satellite. There's one cable connected, that's to the aerial I suppose. I'll get a couple of f connectors tomorrow and hopefully that'll do the job, if not I'll call in the pros!

I spoke to the management guy and he said all the apartments are wired to a shared dish, seems odd they'd fit a single outlet alright.

Could be one cable with both satellite and aerial signals so don't rule that out:) You can use a diplexer/combiner in reverse if this is the case.

I think your best bet would be to put an f connector on each cable and use a female f coupler to test each cable with a short lead to your receiver.

Hope it works out for you

Thanks tony,

I was having a look at it this evening, I screwed off the wall outlet and there are 2 loose cables in the outlet, I'm assuming these are to the satellite. There's one cable connected, that's to the aerial I suppose. I'll get a couple of f connectors tomorrow and hopefully that'll do the job, if not I'll call in the pros!

I spoke to the management guy and he said all the apartments are wired to a shared dish, seems odd they'd fit a single outlet alright.

Seems like you were correct I tried all the loose cables with no luck and then thought sur I'll try what I thought was the aerial one, anyway next problem if you have a minute, I'm definitely connected to the satellite but I'm getting some odd channels, lots of Arabic etc. I've tried different settings on the digi box but no bbc or anything recognizable showing up. Any ideas of what settings, lnb frequency would work best?

Thanks again

They only thing you can try is Disecq settings if your receiver supports this in the hope that the system is carrying a signal from more than one satellite. Don't change any other setting as I doubt it will help.

Seems like you were correct I tried all the loose cables with no luck and then thought sur I'll try what I thought was the aerial one, anyway next problem if you have a minute, I'm definitely connected to the satellite but I'm getting some odd channels, lots of Arabic etc. I've tried different settings on the digi box but no bbc or anything recognizable showing up. Any ideas of what settings, lnb frequency would work best?

Thanks again

• Advertisement

I have settings for DISEqC in the menu,with lots of options, numbers and letters, I'm riffling through them at the moment, is there a way to narrow down which ones to use?

Not unless you know how the system has been set up or someone familiar with your receiver knows the most likely set up.

I have settings for DISEqC in the menu,with lots of options, numbers and letters, I'm riffling through them at the moment, is there a way to narrow down which ones to use?

Cool, thanks a million, I'll nab the maintainence fella, he might know.

No problem, hope you get sorted.

Cool, thanks a million, I'll nab the maintainence fella, he might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmurry

Hi,
    Triax tsc114 over a year old. I can't remember password, which was changed from 0000 when being set up.
    RTE1 tells me to rescan, which I don't know how to do
    I don't know how do I reset password, when I don't have existing password.

All help greatly appreciated.
    (PS Sorry if I'm in wrong zone - this is my 1st post,)
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Master password for Triax TSC114 is 8888

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmurry

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for that.
    cmurry.

Advertisement