Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i being set up for a scam?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I'm selling something on done deal, got a text from what seems to be a Swedish number, enquiring.

I sent them an email regarding price etc, got this reply:

"I will like the shipping to be handle by Post Office so i will add up the shipping cost,also I will be doing the payment Paypal money transfer. do send me your PayPal Email ID with Name or send me paypal money request.To proceed with the payment for the item"

So many alarm bells ringing, but by just sending a paypal money request, am I safe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Formosa

Have just seen this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057060630

Think it has answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

... i got the same scam artist on to me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just ask yourself if you would go to all the hassle of searching in another country and arranging the payment and postage for an item that is possibly cheaper sourced in your own country?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,534 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sting this clown along for a good 4 weeks, idiots like this need to work for their money.

Advertisement