Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Enniskillen??

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

Could someone please tell me is there an Aldi in Enniskillen?

What supermarkets are up there now? (oct 2013)

I tried to use the aldi website but I couldn't see any Northern Ireland stores.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭imtired999

I don't know if there is an ALDI but there is ASDA, Tesco and Iceland in Enniskillen. There is also a Marks & Spencer albeit a small one (not sure if it sells groceries). I think there is a LIDL on Hollyhill Crescent in Enniskillen.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PurplePoodle

There are no branches of Aldi in Northern Ireland at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 495 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

There are no Aldi's in northern Ireland, The M&S in Erneside does sell Groceries and has a small restaurant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

Casa 2013 wrote: »
    Hi

Could someone please tell me is there an Aldi in Enniskillen?

What supermarkets are up there now? (oct 2013)

I tried to use the aldi website but I couldn't see any Northern Ireland stores.

Thanks
    Hi I remember there was one up beside Curry's in Enniskillen I was in it about 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

chelbi wrote: »
    Hi I remember there was one up beside Curry's in Enniskillen I was in it about 2 years ago

That's Lidl that's on the right side of Curry's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tarmon

Hi there,
    Enniskillen is a good town for shopping. There's a huge Asda there and a Tesco along with Iceland, M&S, Lidl and some smaller shops in the Erneside Centre like Superdrug and Semichem which are good for cheap toiletries, pain killers etc.
    Asda usually have good deals on certain things. Of course alcohol is way cheaper up north thanks to our punishing rates of duty.
    If you're making a day of it a good place to eat is Cafe Merlot at the side of Blakes bar which is a beautiful old original bar to have a Guinness in!
    I've no affiliation whatsoever with any of these places, just passing on a recommendation from past experience.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

tarmon wrote: »
    Asda usually have good deals on certain things. Of course alcohol is way cheaper up north thanks to our punishing rates of duty
    !

Note that beer duty is roughly similar in both jurisdictions.

Indeed ours was lower than the UK.

But may be a tad higher now, due to Budget 2014.

Advertisement