Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alterating suits

Options
  • 21-10-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have a 36 R suit and recently I lost weight and really need suit to be 36 S. Can suit be altered to become small size?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Not really. To do it would cost more than buying a new suit and wouldn't look as good.

If you were to shorten the length of the suit, the pockets would look silly and disproportionate to the rest of the suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 My Personal Tailor

36 is the suit chest size and R is regular fit/length so if you've lost weight perhaps you would need 34R now. (S means short fit)
    An alterations shop could take in the jacket for you for around €40, it's not that big a job. Also perhaps the trousers waist need to be taken in. Typically that's around €12-€15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

36 is the suit chest size and R is regular fit/length so if you've lost weight perhaps you would need 34R now. (S means short fit)
    An alterations shop could take in the jacket for you for around €40, it's not that big a job. Also perhaps the trousers waist need to be taken in. Typically that's around €12-€15

Exactly. OP I don't think you lost height - unless the weight loss was by chopping off your feet! So the advice above is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Thanks all. Good advice

Advertisement