Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy walking around taking photos of empty houses.

Options
  • 21-10-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My friends daughter seen a guy walking around we estate taking photos if empty houses?
    It was Westbrook on the naul road.she checked with one of the owners and she didnt know why he was taking photos so just be on your gaurd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Why is it bothering you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Might be revenue checking to ensure there not bringing in a rental income

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Or he could be an arty type taking photographs of the downfall of estates / celtic tiger yolk. Did she approach him? Wouldn't that be a better idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If he was up to no good he'd probably be a bit more subtle about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

If he was up to no good he'd probably be a bit more subtle about it.

Doesn't bother me at all,I don't live there.
    The girl is my friends daughter and I wouldn't advise questioning them when she's alone,as he could be funny.not nice , I know he could be lovely but better for her to be safe she is a teenager.
    Hopefully it's just a nice guy taking photos of really white curtains for the Daz challange but just incase anything funny was going on or went on I thought I'd let other boardies know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Drive By Valuations for Alsops Auctioneers??

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

cathy01 wrote: »
    Doesn't bother me at all,I don't live there.
    The girl is my friends daughter and I wouldn't advise questioning them when she's alone,as he could be funny.not nice , I know he could be lovely but better for her to be safe she is a teenager.
    Hopefully it's just a nice guy taking photos of really white curtains for the Daz challange but just incase anything funny was going on or went on I thought I'd let other boardies know.

saw two men in a red van with a roof rack pass our house in skerries a couple of weekends ago slowing down and staring in as they passed, we don't use curtains so maybe they thought we were unoccupied. Did not like the look of them. They slowed right down and stared hard. Folks, we have to take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

being nosy isn't a crime!

being nosy isn't a crime!

IF IT WAS,ID BE DOING LIFE. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭kravmaga

cathy01 wrote: »
    My friends daughter seen a guy walking around we estate taking photos if empty houses?
    It was Westbrook on the naul road.she checked with one of the owners and she didnt know why he was taking photos so just be on your gaurd.

It is not against the law to take photographs in a public place.

Whats the issue here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's no issue. The OP kindly thought to let others know that this was happening, just in case there was something untoward going on. A little bit like an online Neighbourhood Watch or Community Alert notice really. No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ihatehalloween

Fair play Cathy.....we need to be vigilant

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellen27

I'm in Stamullen I caught a man today taking photos of my house. His excuse is he's taking photos of houses for his client , who wants to buy in d area !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ellen27 wrote: »
    I'm in Stamullen I caught a man today taking photos of my house. His excuse is he's taking photos of houses for his client , who wants to buy in d area !

Did you ask for ID? I'd be very wary of that kind of set up. No ID, call the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Newspaper photographer taking pics of empty houses that are left lying there during a housing shortage maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you can, photograph the photographer, and give a copy of the picture to the Gardai, in case they "know" him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellen27

No it happen that fast I had my baby in my arms he had a northern reg renault black car , he spoke a southern accent. I rang d Garda in laytown. They drove around the village and didn't see him.

No it happen that fast I had my baby in my arms he had a northern reg renault black car , he spoke a southern accent. I rang d Garda in laytown. They drove around the village and didn't see him.

Jesus Ellen that's mad.to be honest I'd be a bit nervous or taking his photo etc ESP when you have your baby in your arms .you just don't k know.you did right ringing the Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It's probably the same guy who keeps writing "IN" on your mail.

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

kravmaga wrote: »
    It is not against the law to take photographs in a public place.

Whats the issue here?

What's the issue? Are you being serious? Of course there is an issue, if someone is acting suspiciously in an area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

When we were planning our house the architect told us to go out and photograph houses that we liked the look of, to get an idea of what finish etc we wanted. It did feel a bit weird but he assured us that it's very common and not at all illegal.

It's always best to report anyone who seems to be acting suspiciously - luckily nobody reported us though :)

Advertisement