Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bass /pollock marks cork

Options
  • 21-10-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

im looking to do some fishing for bass /pollock in cork ,i live 20 mins from the harbour but i will travel further

i will only be using light spinning gear just looking for something to keep me occupied until the salmon starts up again

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

popsy09 wrote: »
    im looking to do some fishing for bass /pollock in cork ,i live 20 mins from the harbour but i will travel further

i will only be using light spinning gear just looking for something to keep me occupied until the salmon starts up again

any help appreciated

There is great pollock fishing in around kinsale or Roberts cove, I got pollock in both marks to 7 or 8lbs off the rocks but it can be very dangerous coz ur fishing very deep water
    Bass caught be caught in whitebay, east ferry, around Camden and ringaskiddy
    Guileen in east cork is another great bass mark

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

realrebel wrote: »
    There is great pollock fishing in around kinsale or Roberts cove, I got pollock in both marks to 7 or 8lbs off the rocks but it can be very dangerous coz ur fishing very deep water
    Bass caught be caught in whitebay, east ferry, around Camden and ringaskiddy
    Guileen in east cork is another great bass mark

when you say in and around kingsale could ya be more specific ? i drove down there numerous times and the only spot i know is behind the dock pub you go up the hill and down the fields which is a long walk ,same again for roberts cove where would i head for ??

i was asking today in work and guileen was mentioned aswell so i might start there at the weekend see how things go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

In the harbour for bass, from churchbay all the way back to camden is good for lure fishing. I know a few lads who also bottom fish here but be prepared to lose all your gear if you do!

On the otherside I know a couple of lads who swear by roches point and immediately around it for bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

started talking to a few people on facebook and they all said getting late for lure fishing with the bass but they will be caught on bait over the winter

im waitin on the weather reports for the weekend , if its not too bad ill head out, a few pollock and ill be happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

popsy09 wrote: »
    started talking to a few people on facebook and they all said getting late for lure fishing with the bass but they will be caught on bait over the winter

im waitin on the weather reports for the weekend , if its not too bad ill head out, a few pollock and ill be happy out :D

Ya it's getting near the time for bait fishing garrettstown is a great spot for them at night
    I say u won't be going anywhere at the weekend it's supposed to be very bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement