Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kosher retaurant in Dublin

Options
  • 21-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves Kosher food in Dublin? I have a guest visiting soon who wishes to eat Kosher. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

The Bretzel Bakery does Kosher bread - in case your friends fancy a sandwich. But i've never heard of a restaurant in dublin that does Kosher meals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I asked a Cockney if a restaurant was Kosher - He said 'yeah,... it's alright'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I did not know this eatery existed, but there you go:
    Dublin Hebrew Congregation Kosher Restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The Bretzel Bakery does Kosher bread - in case your friends fancy a sandwich. But i've never heard of a restaurant in dublin that does Kosher meals.

I don't actually think they are kosher any more. There is something like less than 1,000 Jews in Ireland. It wouldn't make economic sense to have a kosher restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

SuperValu Churchtown carry a kosher range if you fancy rustling up a meal. These might do ready meals - http://www.koshercateringireland.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe ring around a few places and see if they can do a kosher meal, but the few Jews I know don't bother to eat kosher anymore.

I would have thought any vegetarian dishes would do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Thanks all, some great suggestions. Might look into koshercatering.com delivering to a hotel. Otherwise the Merrion Hotel do kosher meals, at a price ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP you might want to check that your visitors don't require the meals be prepared kosher too.. Some people think its just the ingredients in the which which make the meal kosher, but in strict terms it comes down to the food/meal preparation too.

Some of the Halal shops around the SCR have been very helpful to me in the past.

Advertisement