Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to stream Magic 105.4fm

Options
  • 21-10-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I know this station is available on a Sky dish however I'm trying to stream it on the internet and I just can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

I am pretty sure the reason you can't stream it is because you are outside the UK and the online streaming is restricted by location, can't get it if your outside the UK. It's a bit weird because you can listen to it on the Sky radio stations!!

The only UK radio stations I can stream online are any of the BBC ones (and I think I can stream Talksport also, but don't listen to that too often), whatever restriction is being placed on UK radio being streamed outside the UK doesnt seem to apply to the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

I am pretty sure the reason you can't stream it is because you are outside the UK and the online streaming is restricted by location, can't get it if your outside the UK. It's a bit weird because you can listen to it on the Sky radio stations!!

The only UK radio stations I can stream online are any of the BBC ones (and I think I can stream Talksport also, but don't listen to that too often), whatever restriction is being placed on UK radio being streamed outside the UK doesnt seem to apply to the BBC.

I'm afraid you're correct

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

where there's a will there's a relative

http://magic1054.rad.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Geo-locking blocks all the Bauer stations.

But you could try (it has worked when I listen to their other stations) going to http://radioplayer.co.uk and searching Magic 105.4 there, and remember to remove it from mute, which it is sometimes automatically on.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

So both the above links worked a treat. I had been searching using tunin, radiofeeds.co.uk and even direct from the station's own website. The mind boggles about this geoblocking website. It's a wonder I couldn't get it when I subscribe to a vpn service so my wife can watch her US shows on the flix. We took a liking to magic 105.4 and smooth radio when we heard it being played in Pat's cafe Castleisland. They're both good to have on in the background - especially at meal times!
    Thanks for the links. Much obliged. Time now to mellow out!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Fran1985 wrote: »
    where there's a will there's a relative

http://magic1054.rad.io/

Does anyone know where I can get a link like this where I can Listen to Radio City In Liverpool on line?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

radiofreak wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a link like this where I can Listen to Radio City In Liverpool on line?

Go to http://radioplayer.co.uk and search for Radio City 96.7 , remember to make sure it is not on mute (which it usually is for some reason...)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Thanks for that Gavin, Great knowing that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Old thread i know! :) Is there any way of listening to magic 105.4 here or any of the other bauer radio stations?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Old thread i know! Is there any way of listening to magic 105.4 here or any of the other bauer radio stations?

bauer have implemented geo blocking on their streaming servers as of at least a week ago. before hand it was only done on the website players but you could use the streaming server url to listen via winamp for example.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mod:

Hey guys,

Unfortunately due to a site-wide policy regarding geoblocking, we can't allow discussion of ways to circumvent it. This is similar to the ban on discussions related to accessing different version of Netflix, PSN, etc.

Closing this thread here, as really there's nowhere for this thread to go given the only option is to circumvent the geoblock.

If anyone would like it reopened to maybe take the discussion in a different direction, fire a PM in my general vicinity.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement