Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Systems Requirements Lab issue

Options
  • 20-10-2013 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having trouble with the Systems Requirements Lab "Can You Run It"?

Anytime I try it, it stalls at the "Gathering Computer Information" part. Asks to run a java plugin then that's it. Bar doesn't progress any further.

The desktop app won't work either. Installs but doesn't run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I just checked it and I had a problem too. It looks like Firefox is blocking it because it seems to think my java is vulnerable (I have the latest release though, Java 7.0.45). There is no pop-up saying this though, just a flashing red square to the left of the address bar which, when you click on it gives a small box with a link to this page, and "allow" and "allow and remember" buttons. I fixed mine by clicking on "allow" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tried this again, but didn't get the flashing red icon or any indication at all. I tried on both Firefox and IE. Same with the desktop tool. Finishes installing but then fails due to a missing dll.

Something I'd like to see on Steam going forward is a benchmark tool for all games. Resi Evil 6 has one that allows potential buyers see if your PC can handle it instead of just working off the minimum and recommended specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Tried this again, but didn't get the flashing red icon or any indication at all. I tried on both Firefox and IE. Same with the desktop tool. Finishes installing but then fails due to a missing dll.

Something I'd like to see on Steam going forward is a benchmark tool for all games. Resi Evil 6 has one that allows potential buyers see if your PC can handle it instead of just working off the minimum and recommended specs.

make sure ad blocker is off or paused when your on the site
    make sure java is fully updated
    download google chrome
    and try it again
    :) it worked for me last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

CastorTroy wrote: »

Maybe try completely uninstalling all Java versions from your machine (through the control panel) and all java plugins from Firefox (from the add-ons menu), and then reinstall the latest version from the java website?

Advertisement