Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken screen on Samsung S3 - what kit to order? (anyone got a link)

Options
  • 20-10-2013 5:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Broke my screen. Just the screen, not the thingie behind it - the touchscreen still works.

Has anyone repaired this themselves at home? I am going to give it a shot.

Do you have a link for the screen & repair kit you ordered online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Must have been a day for it. I also broke mine.
    Apparently it's very difficult to do yourself.
    There is a place in Lucan that supplies and replaces for €80. It takes him 2 hours.
    Might cos u more in the long run if u try yourself.
    I'll pm u the number and name if ur interested

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah that'd be great if you could please, I'm getting nervous about doing it myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

amdublin wrote: »
    I'm getting nervous about doing it myself.

Have you done anything similar before?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Davy wrote: »
    Have you done anything similar before?

No.

But I'd be fairly handy. And the tutorials online look easy enough - just take it real slow

Advertisement