Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device 6 (from the creators of Year Walk)

Options
  • 20-10-2013 5:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I don't want to say a whole lot about this, because the joy is in discovering its unusual, distinctive word for itself. But Device 6 acts as further proof that some of the most fascinating experiments are happening on mobile games, offering a more distinctive, ambitious experience than anything else you're likely to play this year.

It's a lot of things. A witty, surreal subversion of the slick 60s spy thriller (including easily the greatest opening video in gaming history). A visual novel with the most incredibly inventive interface design. A strange, slightly disturbing mystery. A parody of other games and applications (the post level briefings are too inspired to spoil). Mostly it's just brilliant. These are the sort of one-of-a-kind games we can never get enough of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Been seeing some pretty excellent reviews for it and it does indeed look to be completely different. I'll look at picking it up during the week and giving it a go on the iPad.

Cheers for the recommendation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moving this here to reflag it, as I cannot recommend it enough. In a year of next generation consoles, it's funny that one of the freshest, most inventive and forward thinking games came in the form of a mobile visual novel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Sounds really promising, gonna keep an eye out for this

Advertisement