Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Male Products' Subscription Service - Thoughts

Options
  • 20-10-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was going to post this in the Biz forum, but decided here would be the best place to get the answers I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm looking into setting up a 'male products' subscription service. The main products would be razors, deodorant etc...

Each customer would have a rolling subscription and recieve razor blades (Gilette Fusion / Excel / Mach 3) posted monthly to them. This stops the familiar problem of repeatedly forgetting to buy blades and shaving with what feels like a rusty butter knife for a week.

I'm also aiming to save the customer around 30% off the RRP of these blades by keeping overheads low. The prices in Tesco for fusion blades is insane! :mad:

I'd likely have three levels. A cheap one (€4.99 / m), a mid range (€7.99 / m) and a top range (€9.99/m).

You could add additional products such as deodorant, plain t-shirts, vests, boxers or socks to your order, either as a once off or as a recurring product. The option to add on a cheap magazine subscription occurred to me as well - eg Time Magazine, The Economics, Wired Magazine etc...

Another factor is that packages need to remain small so they'll fit through a letter box. Nobody wants to be waiting around for parcels every month. ;)

Again, this isn't a 'premium' service. I want all products to be below their RRP by at least 20%.

Delivery might be an issue. I'd be aiming for free delivery on the razors. I'll have to do some sums later on to see if it'd be feasible with larger items.

I'd be hoping to launch a small 'beta' version of it first with just the razors - perhaps within the next two months.

There are a few versions of this operating in the US already - eg. Dollarshaveclub.com

Would this be of interest to Irish men? Can you think of any products that you run out of regularly that you wouldn't mind having posted cheaply to your front door?

Thanks! :D

-Dean

Advertisement