Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrector plate broke

Options
  • 19-10-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi. Ppl,
    I have a celestron nexstar series 6 telescope and the corrector plate broke. Does anyone know of anywhere in dublin where it could be fixed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Try the guys in Scopes and Space they do repairs and would most be able likely source a replacement if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah this is something that comes up quite regularly with SCT. Some of the yanks claim you will need to send back to celestron fro replacement, though in these days of mass produced optics I find that hard to justify. Let us know how you get on
    Good luck with it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Oh dear.... If the corrector plate has broken then you are in a spot of bother because with SCTs, both the corrector plate and the main primary mirror are both calibrated and adjusted to each other at the factory. It is not just a case of getting a new one and fixing it on. I would be very surprised if they were sold seperately.

Sorry if it is not the news you were hoping for.

Regards

Dbran

Advertisement