Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Jcreator

Options
  • 19-10-2013 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭

I wrote a simple bit of code in Jcreator to take in 2 numbers, do a bit of processing and then output 2 numbers. And it worked fine.

I then opened it in Jcreater pro and when I run it and input the second number it says "make sure you input an integer" even though i am trying to give it an integer. I found that if I enter 22 it takes in the value 2, 54 gives it the value 5 etc.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is ? Code is just using easy in to assign an int to a variable and it works fine in the free vs of jcrator, just not pro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Can you post the code? Just to get it out of the way, are you using the same piece of code in both programs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Same file opened in each program so cant be a code issue. I recompiled the file and easyin class to make sure it wasnt a jdk issue too. The problem starts when i try to input the y coordinates and everything thereafter.

Looking at it now i realise I'm getting the error twice, so it must be running the instruction twice which is why I need to input two integers when it should be one.

It seems to be an issue with capturing the output. When I stop it capturing the output and let it run in a terminal window it works fine.

I have tried other bits of code and ran into the same issue. I think its to do with EasyIn as there is no problem when I use scanner for input instead of EasyIn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement