Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof leggings/tights

Options
  • 19-10-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hey,

Any recommendations on waterproof leggings/tights. I have a pair of trousers but there a bit baggy and have torn off the chainring.

DOC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sportful do some "no rain" stuff, but you have to hand in your man-card when you buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paudie2005

doc1976 wrote: »
    Hey,

Any recommendations on waterproof leggings/tights. I have a pair of trousers but there a bit baggy and have torn off the chainring.

DOC

I use lusso max repel bib tights and have back up pair of jagged tights, lusso's are more water resistant but keep wind chill out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Castelli nano flex are water repellent but not cheap at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Castelli nano flex are water repellent but not cheap at all.

Spooky, just bought their full length legwarmers on Merlin. €58

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I have a pair of Santini H2O and a similar pair of Giordana G-Shield. Both are great with very good, comfy paddings. Not waterproof obviously and barely water resistant in the current climate, but they keep you warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Seweryn wrote: »
    I have a pair of Santini H2O and a similar pair of Giordana G-Shield. Both are great with very good, comfy paddings. Not waterproof obviously and barely water resistant in the current climate, but they keep you warm.

Though if the Santini are called H2O, then I'd have thought rather than obviously not waterproof, that'd be their sellling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

pelevin wrote: »
    Though if the Santini are called H2O, then I'd have thought rather than obviously not waterproof, that'd be their sellling point.
    I would describe the H2O as "good with dealing with water". Giordana GShield is made from very same material. I believe the NanoFlex by Castelli is probably also similar.

Advertisement