Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G phone for elderly relative

Options
  • 19-10-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey All,

I'm looking for a phone for a older relative of my wife. Relative lives in a remote isolated location where there is only coverage on the 3 network.

Elderly relative got a emporia click phone(big buttons/flip screen) which was ideal but on the vodafone networks not knowing of the lack of coverage at home.
    I got the emporia phone unlocked and got a 3 network sim and put it in the unlocked emporia phone. Phones gaves "sim error" message on start up and won't work.
    I've now discovered the 3 network is 3G+ network and the Emporia phone is only a GSM/2G network phone and is not compatible with 3 network.

I've already looked in carphoneware/O2/meteor store for replacement that i could get unlocked but any similair phones to the emporia on the other networks all seem to be just GSM/2G phones as well.

3 network have a nokia phone but small buttons and small screen, would be last resort??

Anybody got any suggestions for a simple to use big button 3G enabled replanement phone.

thanks in advance
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

My Mum has a Doro phone which are specifically designed for oldies. Buttons are very big on it and it's simple to use. She's got one of the older ones but it looks like they have released a 3G range.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/33611-doro-reveals-new-3g-featur

Amazon sell them sim free which mean that they should work on any network.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 scotchie78

Thanks Mezcita!!

Doro models 621 & 622 are 3G enable and available sim free from Doro on Amazon. Ordered one during the week. Thanks for the help!!!

Scotchie

Advertisement