Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Question

Options
  • 19-10-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, I am looking for some advice/input regarding Vets.
    I have a 4 year old Beagle. A while back he had been out for a run in the field and came back with a hind leg limp.
    With no apparent visible injury, I left him overnight to see if it improved. Next morning it had some swelling so i brought him to the local vet. He said he would x-ray it and see. So I left him there and called back a few hours later to collect him. The vet said he had a 'subluxation dislocation', and had put a full plastic splint on his hind leg. I had him home 30min and he jumped a 5 foot wall and ran off into the field :eek: He returned a few minutes later, minus the splint and was running/walking normally...my question is...is that worth €120???
    I am on a 'scambridge' scheme, and its a lot of money to me, especially if it appears he was misdiagnosed?:(
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Vets time, xray and all the rest, yeah.

Unless you can prove the vet lied by getting the dog examined by somebody qualified I don't see the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Dentist was probably on Jobridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@metroburgers Please post on topic, or don't post at all.

OP - I'm going to move this to Animal & Pet Issues as there may be better opinions on offer there.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yup! That sounds about right. In fact, I'd venture to say that sounds cheap! Dog's leg probably went back in by itself.

Just keep an eye on it, walk him on an extended lead for shorter walks, and don't let him off again until it's rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

€120 was a bargain. Keep a close eye on the dog and dog give him the opportunity to run off - keep him on lead and restrict him to be safe. My dog would have run around on his broken leg if I'd have let him - they're good at hiding their pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

tk123 wrote: »
    €120 was a bargain. Keep a close eye on the dog and dog give him the opportunity to run off - keep him on lead and restrict him to be safe. My dog would have run around on his broken leg if I'd have let him - they're good at hiding their pain.

Totally agree about it being a bargain. One of my dogs got a fee X-ray on her hips a good 4 years ago and I think it was over €300?

Advertisement