Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Lost World?

Options
  • 18-10-2013 8:32pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone say "feck the lousy reviews" and buy it?
    Is it any good?
    39.99 on the WiiU and 34.99 on the 3DS.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I am still going to get it

Sonic reviews so far are very much like beyond two souls reviews

Some people loved it others thought it was okay to poor

Tbh i cannot agree much with reviewers these days. They are a fickle bunch

The high praises of the likes of red dead redemption and gta 5 i did not think were great games

I get sonic lost world soon enough , probably around christmas time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am still going to get it

Sonic reviews so far are very much like beyond two souls reviews

Some people loved it others thought it was okay to poor

Tbh i cannot agree much with reviewers these days. They are a fickle bunch

The high praises of the likes of red dead redemption and gta 5 i did not think were great games

I get sonic lost world soon enough , probably around christmas time

Sadly I, and most other people, adore those two games.
    The Sonic game is consistently being criticised for the same things, poor controls, poor level design, in every review.
    Those that like it are focusing on the visuals
    I still want it more than any other Sonic game in the last 10 years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I have to say I am having the same debate myself. I was quite looking forward to it but the reviews are so poor and it seems that each review is complaining about something different.

If you did decide to take the plunge then you are also left with the question of which version to get the 3DS or WII U as from what I have read they have different level designs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Parawind wrote: »
    If you did decide to take the plunge then you are also left with the question of which version to get the 3DS or WII U as from what I have read they have different level designs.

So wait, they designed each level twice and still didn’t get it right??? :O

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Most reviewers agree that 3DS design is better but the controls are horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ffs, there are cheap platformers on the DS that have the controls sorted, so how the feck can Sega have buggered up somthing so obvious? Something so essential?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Whats with the disparity between previews and reviews? I believe the critics when they say its crap, but why didn't they spot these problems when they got to sample it? They all seemed impressed with it at preview stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ffs, there are cheap platformers on the DS that have the controls sorted, so how the feck can Sega have buggered up somthing so obvious? Something so essential?

Well they did make Sonic 06 and Unleashed.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Whats with the disparity between previews and reviews? I believe the critics when they say its crap, but why didn't they spot these problems when they got to sample it? They all seemed impressed with it at preview stage.

I can only guess they didn't get to play it, or when they did it was the selected scenes that were good, as most reviews have said, there is some great stuff in there, it just unfortunate that it's bookended by sh1te

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TBH after all this, I would have preferred a Sonic Generations 2. The controls on the 3d levels were fine, so I'm really confused right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,817 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only just gave Sonic Generations a go there today and what confuses me about it is the amount of love the game gets. Even the 2D sections mostly play themselves and it's too fast with very little actual platforming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I only just gave Sonic Generations a go there today and what confuses me about it is the amount of love the game gets. Even the 2D sections mostly play themselves and it's too fast with very little actual platforming.

I find it odd people think Sonic just won't "work" in 3d, because speed was never the only thing about classic Sonic gameplay. There was plenty of more patient parts to it. Lost World looked like it would go back to that, its depressing how its turned out. Lack of talent is the problem. Nintendo should just license the franchise altogether and make Sonic themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Thank you! I bought Generations, thought it was pretty crap, including the 2D sections. A new game with Sonic 3's engine and physics would be lovely, that game still looks great and plays great to me.

Advertisement