Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hypnosis

• 18-10-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi
    Has anyone any experience of hypnosis for anxiety

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭azul

Hi
    Has anyone any experience of hypnosis for anxiety
    No, but I recently considered it as I'm in a permanent state of anxiety and have tried pretty much everything else without success. Would be interested to know if anyone has had success with hypnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wnter

I gave it a go, and to be honest I found it to be a bit of a waste of time.
    I think it will be effective for some people however, that's just my personal experience.

I find with my own anxiety, it's more of a fear of something happening to me while I'm by myself, so public transport alone or being out and about without a nearby 'safety net' (familiar place, person, escape etc) can trigger an anxiety overload or panic attack. To be honest, the hypnotherapy was fairly useless for me. I've found success in my own methods now since I stopped going and perhaps it was something to do with it, but I really don't think so.

But it's different for everybody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Wnter wrote: »
    I gave it a go, and to be honest I found it to be a bit of a waste of time.
    I think it will be effective for some people however, that's just my personal experience.

I find with my own anxiety, it's more of a fear of something happening to me while I'm by myself, so public transport alone or being out and about without a nearby 'safety net' (familiar place, person, escape etc) can trigger an anxiety overload or panic attack. To be honest, the hypnotherapy was fairly useless for me. I've found success in my own methods now since I stopped going and perhaps it was something to do with it, but I really don't think so.

But it's different for everybody!!

Everyone is different I actually know a few people who went for hypnotherapy for a number of different issues and all found it helpful.It obviously depends on the individual does he /she REALLY want help/change .

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

I went to a hypnotist/NLP therapist in Dublin and it was a complete waste of time and money. I paid 150 euro and got nothing from it. Maybe it might work for issues like trying to quit smoking but for anxiety issues I think it is no help.

I would recommend CBT, mindfulness/meditation and exercise & good healthy eating (limit/cut out sugar and processed foods). Good luck with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Fiona_242

Does hypnosis work For anxiety? Suffering myself and looking for alternative treatment. Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

What about hypnosis for confidence ? I am considering this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭druidstone

Hypnosis is excellent for anxiety, confidence you just need the right Hypnotherapist.
    It's like doctors, or anything else in the health professions, there are good and the bad.
    And of course there are some that are just out to get your money.

A friend of mine went to an Australian Hypnotherapist in Cork just past Shandon street and she was excellent,
    stopped the anxiety straight away and gave my friend heaps of confidence.

It's a lot more strict to become a Hypnotherapist in Australia than it is in Ireland,
    so this Hypnotherapist has had a very high standard of training and experience.

My friend couldn't stop talking about how good the hypnotherapist was, and how well it worked.
    The Hypnotherapist also taught my friend how to meditate, because she is also a mediation teacher.
    I can find out the name of this hypnotherapist/meditation teacher for you if you want, and the phone number.
    Just let me know if you want it.
    It wasn't expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

please send on the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Can I get those details too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Woodstockdub

druidstone wrote: »
    Hypnosis is excellent for anxiety, confidence you just need the right Hypnotherapist.
    It's like doctors, or anything else in the health professions, there are good and the bad.
    And of course there are some that are just out to get your money.

A friend of mine went to an Australian Hypnotherapist in Cork just past Shandon street and she was excellent,
    stopped the anxiety straight away and gave my friend heaps of confidence.

It's a lot more strict to become a Hypnotherapist in Australia than it is in Ireland,
    so this Hypnotherapist has had a very high standard of training and experience.

My friend couldn't stop talking about how good the hypnotherapist was, and how well it worked.
    The Hypnotherapist also taught my friend how to meditate, because she is also a mediation teacher.
    I can find out the name of this hypnotherapist/meditation teacher for you if you want, and the phone number.
    Just let me know if you want it.
    It wasn't expensive either.

Hello, You recommended an Australian Hypnotherapist on this forum in 2015. Do you have the name and contact details of the hypnotherapist you referred to? It would be greatly appreciated. I'm wary of who to go to - I'm looking into getting hypnosis for IBS. I live in Dublin, so travelling to Cork is not ideal but I'd be prepared to travel if the hypnotherapist is good and recommended. Many thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement