Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomadation in Asia

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey Guys,

Any help here would be great. I'm heading off in Jan'14 to teach English in either Vietnam or Thailand. Think I'm leaning towards Thailand. There are so many companies offering "internships" with TEFL. From what I can make out, you're paying them more money before you leave Ireland than you're getting paid working for 5months. For this reason I'm doubting them, the pay is too low for it to be a good school.

Has anyone done the TEFL course, went to Asia and just looked for a job out there? I'm heading on my own so a lot of research is needed. What if I get there and the jobs that looks nice don't come with accommodation. Is it difficult to find accommodation?

All advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

In Thailand anyway .where i live its very easy and cheap to find accommodation .Here in Chiang Mai you can get a reasonable studio condo for B5,000 a month .Thats just 120 Euro a month ( not a week ) .Wages for newly qualified English TEFL teachers though are low at B25,000 a month (600 euro ) .You will get better wages in Bangkok maybe B35,000 but everything costs more .
    Thailand is probably a good place to start teaching .Then when you have experience you could earn much more in Korea and China for example .

Advertisement