Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error in setting up Wordpress

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Spent all evening trying to figure this out with not much joy. I'm trying to setup a Wordpress blog, and transfer all the files over FTP fine. During the setup of the database, I keep getting errors like below

PJerfYe.png

Anybody able to shed any light on this before I rip my hair out :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I suggest contacting the hosting company's support team as the prepend.php file appears to be part of the Hsphere control panel and not WordPress (note that they are on different drives).

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

This is an IE7/IE8 problem (IE = Internet Explorer)

You need to ensure the DOCTYPE must be the first declaration tag in your code otherwise IE goes into quirks mode..

Info on Doctype

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

daymobrew wrote: »
    I suggest contacting the hosting company's support team as the prepend.php file appears to be part of the Hsphere control panel and not WordPress (note that they are on different drives).

+1

Looks like something odd going on with the permissions on the server.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

TheBoffin wrote: »
    This is an IE7/IE8 problem (IE = Internet Explorer)

You need to ensure the DOCTYPE must be the first declaration tag in your code otherwise IE goes into quirks mode..

Info on Doctype

This is a PHP scripting error. Your webhost shouldn't have error reporting enabled on a live server either..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

thanks for your replies. I contacted Digiweb the hosting company, and they are trying to blame it as a Wordpress error, which I refused to believe. It has to go to to engineering, so it looks like it could be a while before I get a resolution.

• Advertisement

Is this a clean install of a new blog or are you trying to move an existing one?

clean install on a clean hosting server

Are you following these instructions? If so, what image number does it bomb out on?

http://support.hosting.digiweb.ie/installing-wordpress-step-by-step-guide/

Graham wrote: »
    Are you following these instructions? If so, what image number does it bomb out on?

http://support.hosting.digiweb.ie/installing-wordpress-step-by-step-guide/

18.jpg

Wordpress doesnt show this screen, everything else is ok up to that point

So you've done this bit:

17.jpg

But you never get to the screen you just posted?

Can you have a look in your wordpress root folder on the server. Is there a wp-config.php?

• Advertisement

So you've done this bit:

17.jpg

But you never get to the screen you just posted?

Can you have a look in your wordpress root folder on the server. Is there a wp-config.php?

Yes, after I complete that screen, I get the error I originally posted. I know the database details are correct because I entered some fake ones in to see if that prompts same error, but it prompted me saying it cannot find the database

Did you check the wordpress folder for a wp-config.php file?

Did you check the wordpress folder for a wp-config.php file?

yes, there is one. I have even tried in the mean time to manually enter the details into this file, and I get the same error

Have you tried signing into the database, your host probably has phpmyadmin installed? Have you tried recreating the database.

Have you tried signing into the database, your host probably has phpmyadmin installed? Have you tried recreating the database.

I've done both of them things. I have just received an email from them recommending me to change to a linux server to see if that makes a differance

Good plan, had some really odd problems in the past with WP on Windows. Didn't take me long to decide it wasn't worth the hassle.

Good plan, had some really odd problems in the past with WP on Windows. Didn't take me long to decide it wasn't worth the hassle.

Thanks for your help, hopefully that resolves it:)

if you mean thanks for being no help at all, no problem. :pac: hope you get sorted.

Sounds like your hosting company didn't really want to go down the troubleshooting route.

Advertisement