Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alclad in the post

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I'm looking to purchase some Alclad for a project.Does anyone know if continental suppliers will post to Ireland,or is there a blanket ban on all material of this nature coming in the post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

never had an issue getting it (the glass bottles, not the aerosol)
    Usually get it from UK (a couple of different suppliers)
    I got some about 3 months ago, came well wrapped with bubble wrap in a jiffy bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

The UK has introduced a draconian ban on any stuff like this(including basic kit glue/paint) being sent by post.Overheard one seller complaining that the UK postal staff just bin it without so much as a 'by your leave'!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Thanks for your replies.I read this somewhere myself,and was thinking of trying to get someone to pick some up in Telford with the Hannants pick-up arrangement,but they seem to be out of stock.My question was more whether it is an An Post policy or just a Royal Mail one.Maybe a continental retailer might be the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

the ban on certain solvents has been there for years.
    You are likely to have trouble with aerosols but not the bottles for airbrush use.
    As I said I got some Alclad paint a couple of months ago through royal mail/an post.
    Also got 8 bottles of lexan paint in the post on Tuesday which came from the UK via Royal Mail and then An Post.
    Id chance it if I was you unless ur planning on getting a few litres of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

The rules depend upon the substance and the quantity shipped.
    Sometimes there is a minumum quantity, below which shipping requirements, and costs, are easier.
    Experienced suppliers would be aware of differences like that and could advise you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

These lads ship to Ireland. never had any issue.

http://www.car-model-kit.com/filtr/

Advertisement