Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adviced needed - buying a preowned Omega

Options
  • 17-10-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello watch experts i am about to take the plunge and buy myself my first proper watch and would appreciate some help.

I have found a pre-owned Omega Aqua Terra automatic caliber 2500 (this one) in good nick for €1500 which I am interested in buying. The seller has not had the watch serviced since purchase Nov 2002 which unsettles me a little. He says that he has had no reason to service the watch as it has been running fine. Is an 11 year service interval too long?

If I purchase I will have the watch serviced immediately; is a service at a regular watch maker sufficient (e.g. http://www.watchrepairs.ie €190) or directly by Omega which I believe will cost ca. €400. Can someone advise. What are the major differences?

I expect to be able to negotiate the price down to €1300-1350 based on the service history and on the sellers manner. Is this a fair price for this watch.

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I wouldn't be too bothered about the servicing. Get it done when you get it and no harm done. Watchrepair.ie has a good reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The co axial are generally bullet proof and can go longer between servicing. Personally I wouldn't be concerned with the length between servicing. Once you have it done yourself it will be as good as new anyway. Not sure if repair watch.ie repair co axial pieces? Maybe someone can confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Michael Swift, Isle of Bute, Scotland.

He's a master horologist. I've have had my watches serviced by him in the past.

Advertisement