Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - How much will it cost me?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

How much will it cost to post a football jersey to another person in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Did you weigh the jersey and it's packaging and check the An Post website?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Timfy

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Graham wrote: »
    Did you weigh the jersey and it's packaging and check the An Post website?
    Herein lies my problem, I don't know if it's possible to use a large envelope or if a package is necessary. The jersey weighs no more than 300g.

Timfy wrote: »

Thanks. that's all well and good but do you think I could manage with a large envelope or will I need to use a packet? I can't really tell without having them in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Herein lies my problem, I don't know if it's possible to use a large envelope or if a package is necessary. The jersey weighs no more than 300g.

If you can package it up so its less than 2.5cm deep then you should be able to post it as a large envelope.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    If you can package it up so its less than 2.5cm deep then you should be able to post it as a large envelope.

I think I'll manage that, I'm gonna give that a shot in the morning.

I think I'll manage that, I'm gonna give that a shot in the morning.

Sure just fold it once put it in a plastic bag then wrap it and you should be fine.

It ended up costing me €4, not sure how but ah well..

Should say on the receipt I would imagine its been sent as a 500g packet and not large letter.

jimmii wrote: »
    Should say on the receipt I would imagine its been sent as a 500g packet and not large letter.

Oh I had the large envelopes at home so I just did there. She weighed it, stamped it asked for four euro and never gave me a receipt. So there's alot of confusion for me atm haha :P

• Advertisement

Yeh you are better off asking for it when its something like that. I've had to ask them to get them to change it to large envelope a few times when posting books if its a once off its not so bad but we send a few a week so it would add up and its not like the margin on books is that good!!

Advertisement