Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this ruin the memory of BrBa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

OR..........

and that's a big OR

it could be as good as BB or better ?

glass half full for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I don't see it as a big deal, if it is done right. It's only a cameo after all. Could possibly be as small and insignificant as seeing the characters in the background (Saul pulling into the car wash, seeing Walt washing a car, etc). It's only talk at the moment too, nothing is set in stone so may not even happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't think it'll be as good as BB but I can't see it ruining the memory, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd love to see what happened with Grey Matter

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

definitely wouldnt ruin it, but it would take shoe-horning to a new level! Suggesting that they will appear at some stage will certainly generate a lot of added buzz for the show, might not be anything more to it than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

We already saw their first meeting though (well at least the first meeting between saul and WW) - so how would they even do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I just want Huell's Rules

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jms2013

Obvious many BB characters will turn up in the spinoff, can't imagine anyone associated with the show would turn down the opportunity to work with Vince Gilligan again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

The characters and stories are done, there's nothing more they can do with them that would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jms2013

snausages wrote: »
    The characters and stories are done, there's nothing more they can do with them that would be interesting.

This is a new story.

• Advertisement

jms2013 wrote: »
    This is a new story.

It really isn't. We don't need to know anything more about Mike, Gus, Grey Matter etc. The writers were wise to leave some of that stuff ambiguous.

The other thing is to do something which is only tangentially related to BB, but then they might as well make something completely new and different at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It really isn't. We don't need to know anything more about Mike, Gus, Grey Matter etc. The writers were wise to leave some of that stuff ambiguous.

The other thing is to do something which is only tangentially related to BB, but then they might as well make something completely new and different at that stage.

Gus' backstory is probably the most interesting out of every character on the show. I'd love to find out what his ties to General Pinochet are and who he is exactly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'd like to see it begin at an Ivy League law school back in the 80s where a brilliant and idealistic young student X (Derek, Simon, Peter???) McGill (Goodman's real name as he said in series 1) begins to lose his faith in the system.

Gus' backstory is probably the most interesting out of every character on the show. I'd love to find out what his ties to General Pinochet are and who he is exactly.

The writers expressly stated that they stayed away from that because they knew that any backstory they gave him would be ultimately disappointing. I agree with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

How could these character re-appearance possibly be a bad thing?

In my mind this show will never dilute breaking bad in any way shape or form

tbh, I think the main problem with Gus is that he's too ridiculous a character to benefit from any kind of increased exposure in a spin-off. He works great in Breaking Bad because we only get a surface level glimpse of the man and get to fill in the blanks ourselves but take that character and try to explain how me made a meth empire out of a KFC chain and I don't think the results would be very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

tbh, I think the main problem with Gus is that he's too ridiculous a character to benefit from any kind of increased exposure in a spin-off. He works great in Breaking Bad because we only get a surface level glimpse of the man and get to fill in the blanks ourselves but take that character and try to explain how me made a meth empire out of a KFC chain and I don't think the results would be very good.

Ridiculous in what sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 PercyBlakeney

lol ,what a lack of imagination you have!

When I was young I thought there were a limited number of notes on the piano, so thought there would be a limited number of tunes too! How can you possibly know that their stories are "done"? Was Frasier "done" when cheers ended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd like to see a further spin off cook show with Jesse, called "Jesse's Diets" where Jesse cooks different assortments of gear in a kitchen and then takes them :D

It would be both educational and entertaining. Eat your heart out Nigella !! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

sabat wrote: »
    I'd like to see it begin at an Ivy League law school back in the 80s where a brilliant and idealistic young student X (Derek, Simon, Peter???) McGill (Goodman's real name as he said in series 1) begins to lose his faith in the system.

He got his law degree at the University of American Samoa, remember? :pac:

• Advertisement

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a554790/breaking-bads-aaron-paul-in-serious-talks-for-spinoff-better-call-saul.html

Aaron Paul has confirmed he is in serious talks to reprise his role as Jesse for the prequel. I'm not sure how I fell about this. In the one hand, I'd love to see Jesse's backstory, with his relationship with his parents and brother, how he got into dealing, etc. But on the other hand, BB was perfection and would hate to see the magic of the characters being potentially tarnished in any way. But this is Gilligan, I'm sure he knows what he's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dman001 wrote: »
    http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a554790/breaking-bads-aaron-paul-in-serious-talks-for-spinoff-better-call-saul.html

Aaron Paul has confirmed he is in serious talks to reprise his role as Jesse for the prequel. I'm not sure how I fell about this. In the one hand, I'd love to see Jesse's backstory, with his relationship with his parents and brother, how he got into dealing, etc. But on the other hand, BB was perfection and would hate to see the magic of the characters being potentially tarnished in any way. But this is Gilligan, I'm sure he knows what he's at.

Would he not just be a minor character the way Badger and Skinny Pete were in the main series?

I dunno could Paul go from being a co-star in a major TV series, to a minor character - it'd be a bit of a step back in his career, seeing as he's in a few films as of late. It'd be more likely a cameo or a major character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Someone mentioned Frasier. If done right, the spin off could complement BB (as Frasier did for Cheers) whist having its own legs, so to speak. As much as I love Saul; I would have been fascinated if Mike had his own show - a prequel with a younger actor, set in the 80s - exploring his disillusionment and cynicism with the police.

Advertisement