Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Behaviour from a GP Clinic

Options
  • 17-10-2013 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Oh my God, How can I say this:
    My wife was 15 weeks pregnant last month. She works at Mater hospital as a nurse. We had to go to GP as instructed from Rotunda hospital. We got appointment at Berkely clinic in Dublin-7 last month. My wife went there. A GP nurse named ... attended her and abused her. We are Indians. My wife got Irish citizenship on August 2013.
    The GP nurse said that "do you know, 90% of the Keralite Indian nurses in Mater hospital are pregnant. Are all of you 'Kerala Indians' are coming to Ireland for pregnancy? You are working here for some years. You Keralite nurses would have earned millions worth property in India over these years after working in Ireland?"
    In all these way GP nurse abused my wife. My wife got heart broken after this incident. She had severe bleeding last 2 months. Even this was the case GP nurse abused her. I consoled her with good words. My wife got shocke after this incident. So we went to another GP clinic near Dorset street. There a doctor attended her. The treatment was very good and good behavior.
    So my question is why such incidents occur against forigners at GP clinics in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

I think your first port of call would be to make a complaint against the GP nurse.

If I was in your position, that's what I would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

OP You're not really looking for advice on a pregnancy related issue so I am going to lock this thread. I would urge you to make a complaint to the GP nurses senior and if you do not get anywhere with that you can take your complaint to the Irish Medical Board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement