Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irrevocable trust policy

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just looking for opinions and any points in the right direction online for this.

I have googled and I can't seem to get enough info.

Anyways father passed away a couple of years ago
    He used to be a managing director in a small company run with family

He had a directors pension plan with life cover that is held in ireevocable trust by the trustees (2family members)

I carried out probate and settled any bill I could buy there is the money in this policy that I was advised was for next of kin

My mother and father split many years ago and she signed herself out of his estate legally and probate agreed and granted probate to myself his child.

I have one other sibling. Anyway having trouble getting them to complete the paperwork for the last 2years to release the money to myself and sibling

At the beginning they advised that they though my mother may be entitle to it , sent the paperwork probate and legal agreement that my mother advised she would be excluded from the estate to his solicitor as requested and nothing.

The company that holds the policy along with my solicitor have contacted the trustees solicitor several times to get nothing bak I have even called and emailed and nothing , it's like he doesn't exist or is not working on this .

I could go on for ages but hopefully that's enough info

What I would like an opinion on is if I have any recourse should the trustee continue to not sign the funds over to myself and sibling and any more info on trusts

Thanks

1st time posting hope this is in the right place and I haven't broken any rules

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Suggest it would be better to discuss this with your solicitor,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helloyou

Thanks

Advertisement