Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessible volunteering in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'm currently looking for work and have a lot of time free during evenings in the week. I have always wanted to do some voluntary / charity work to help those in need. Indeed, my mother has been a professional carer all her life.

I'm living in North Dublin and unfortunately I don't drive. Although I've looked around, some of the places I've looked at seem to involve long waiting lists, vetting procedures etc. Is there anywhere I can just get stuck in and make the most of my time from the beginning?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd say if you ask or look on Volunteer.ie they could be able to help with something in your area - they list opportunities by locality.

Advertisement