Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview keywords for medical admin job

Options
  • 16-10-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi boarders,
    I have an ineterview on fri for a medical admin job. its best described as a "frontline" position, desk duties at a busy A&E, or hospital main reception. From the phone conversations, I have reeived a few favourable hints as to the outcome, but I don't want to go in too cocky and blow my chances. I have very little interview experience.
    What keywords can anyone who has admin/office experience can I throw in to spice up the interview. I have good waffling skills but nothing i say will be a fib. Appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

If you want to sound credible and like you know what you are talking about, avoid the tactic of throwing in buzz words and the like. You'll end up sounding like a twit. Instead answer what you are asked in normal language. If you have administration experience them regardless of the setting you should be able to answer confidently and credibly. A lot of admin is about common sense, organisation skills and processes. Once you show them that you have these abilities you are halfway there. The other side of a front line admin job is customer service, staying cool under pressure, dealing with difficult clients and knowing when to prioritise a task. Again use past experience and practical examples to illustrate that you have these skills and you will do well

Don't go using jargon you don't really know about or language or expressions that aren't natural to you - you will only end up sounding like someone who rehearsed set words to use but doesn't really understand the role. Or in other words you'll sound like a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thetoffeeman

Tatli lokma, i think you may be in a job similar to what I'm applying for. Many thanks for your really helpful advice. Im only just on boards.ie and wish id heard of it earlier. Well, i Had, but, thought it was was for advertising!!!!! The keywords I was looking for was in relation to the job itself, such as, office oriented, organised, time management. Words that I have used in an office before, albeit on a state ship 100 miles off the south coast! I haven't had much interview time either, and I'm fairly bricking it at the moment. I think the fact that I am so desperate for this job, will go against me in the interview, so I really need/want to impress. Thanks again

Advertisement