Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel...what the %$&????

Options
  • 16-10-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So i just want to tell you what happened to me with Parcel Motel. I am still in shock!!
    I buy a lot of things on Amazon and because I am not home during the day, PM has been absolutly fantastic! I have been using it for the past year without any trouble.
    Last month, I've ordered some cotton pads on Amazon (we have a baby and these cotton pads are so bloody expensive we buy them in bulk on Amazon) and they were supposed to be delivered about 1 week later (so far Amazon has always been bang on with their delivery dates)...no news from Parcel Motel. I contact the seller, he tells me the package was delivered. I contact PM and after couple of days they're back to me and explain me they found a package with no name or address or PM in their warehouse and they think it might be mine. I ask them to open it, if it's cotton pads it's mine! And indeed, it was mine. I wait couple of days and still no sign of delivery notification. I contact again PM and I am told the package is oversized and I should pick it up in Finglas. Ok, thanks for letting me know:confused:...Last saturday I'm in Finglas and nobody has a clue what I am talking about. No package with or without name or PMID. I'm starting losing patience at that stage. Monday I contact AGAIN PM and explain what happened. The woman I have been in contact with for most of the time, apologizes and tell me the package will be delivered free of charge the following day at any address...and the following day, no sign of the package....again, back to PM and then, and then, OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT SHE TOLD ME:
    "
    The warehouse sent a message last night to say they have been unable to locate this parcel since Saturday , when I saw it , the packaging was badly damaged and it may have been disposed of.

As this has been going on too long now I will have to raise a claim , if you can send on the order confirmation with the cost of the product we will refund you

Apologies for any convenience caused"

It may have been disposed of?????WHAT??? On what planet is it ok to dispose of a package when your job is to bring it from A to B? It's not like I have been failing to collect it for 6 months!! I am in shock:mad: and ok, fair enough, it's cotton pads so not the end of the world, but what if it was some family pictures, or souvenir, or anything that is irreplacable??? And all I have is "apologies for any convenience caused"???
    Am I overreacting or is it an absolute disgrace???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So i just want to tell you what happened to me with Parcel Motel. I am still in shock!!
    I buy a lot of things on Amazon and because I am not home during the day, PM has been absolutly fantastic! I have been using it for the past year without any trouble.
    Last month, I've ordered some cotton pads on Amazon (we have a baby and these cotton pads are so bloody expensive we buy them in bulk on Amazon) and they were supposed to be delivered about 1 week later (so far Amazon has always been bang on with their delivery dates)...no news from Parcel Motel. I contact the seller, he tells me the package was delivered. I contact PM and after couple of days they're back to me and explain me they found a package with no name or address or PM in their warehouse and they think it might be mine. I ask them to open it, if it's cotton pads it's mine! And indeed, it was mine. I wait couple of days and still no sign of delivery notification. I contact again PM and I am told the package is oversized and I should pick it up in Finglas. Ok, thanks for letting me know:confused:...Last saturday I'm in Finglas and nobody has a clue what I am talking about. No package with or without name or PMID. I'm starting losing patience at that stage. Monday I contact AGAIN PM and explain what happened. The woman I have been in contact with for most of the time, apologizes and tell me the package will be delivered free of charge the following day at any address...and the following day, no sign of the package....again, back to PM and then, and then, OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT SHE TOLD ME:
    "
    The warehouse sent a message last night to say they have been unable to locate this parcel since Saturday , when I saw it , the packaging was badly damaged and it may have been disposed of.

As this has been going on too long now I will have to raise a claim , if you can send on the order confirmation with the cost of the product we will refund you

Apologies for any convenience caused"

It may have been disposed of?????WHAT??? On what planet is it ok to dispose of a package when your job is to bring it from A to B? It's not like I have been failing to collect it for 6 months!! I am in shock:mad: and ok, fair enough, it's cotton pads so not the end of the world, but what if it was some family pictures, or souvenir, or anything that is irreplacable??? And all I have is "apologies for any convenience caused"???
    Am I overreacting or is it an absolute disgrace???

you could contact amazon and report it as missing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grumpyfrench

Technically it's been delivered so I doubt Amazon will care!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

true. delivered to pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

That's a system run by couldn't- care- less robots. Being busy ( ever see a photo of their warehouse ? ) is no excuse. I'd ask them for full compensation. There are some worrying posts on here about PM and please let us know the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grumpyfrench

So I heard back from PM. The manager, Orla, rang me. Long story short, they made a mistake, they should have labelled the package at the minute they knew it was mine. It was stored next to the recycling facility and because it was so light and filled with styrofoam, somebody though it was empty and ready for disposal. She said she wasn't looking to make any excuses, it was their mistake and it will never happen again. As far as I am concerned, I'm happy with the explanation. Obviously mistakes do happen and I can see how it would happen in that case. I would have appreciate to be told that from the beginning instead of being told "meuh, it was damaged so we got rid of it, deal with it":).
    I will be fully reimbursed and my account has been credited for some free deliveries. It's all good for me, maybe not very well handled at first but all good at the end! I will definitively use PM again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement