Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you gone out with anyone you met online?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I saw this infographic on Visual.ly. I cant decide if its just fudging figures or if its actually true. I know I have never met anyone I have met online while playing WoW. Maybe I should try harder :p

gamers-get-girls_50291609ed552.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Never dated anyone, no. But I did attend a guild meetup a few years back. Females were present, but they were all girlfriend/wife to other members.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

i would die before i told any girl i played WoW. jesus ****!

but i've made plenty of friends from gaming over the last 12 years or so, even if we're all dickheads to each other. i've met plenty of girls that were gamers as well but i've just never been attracted to any of them so it's never really bothered me, i find that when i have a GF i game an awful lot less and that doesn't bother me either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's somehow socially acceptable to hookup with a random drunk stranger in a bar, but considered weird to get to know someone online and meetup. Which is insane. There's absolutely nothing wrong with dating someone you've met online, whether it's through online dating or a game. I can pretty much guarantee that if you decide to date someone after meeting online, you will know a hell of a lot more about them than some random drunk stranger in a bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I've made a few friends from gaming sites. =^.^=

As a gal, I love gaming and think it's great hobby. My OH isn't so into it. Ok with it, but not really a gamer at all >.<

I met him from a forum I frequent though :).

Online meets FTW. (just be safe and do so in a public place the first couple of times.)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

RopeDrink wrote: »

I don't really understand that, mostly due to the fact one of above two mentioned people I met through that very same game. I really do regret how both situations turned out all because of my own failings. They were both amazing people.

ah yeah, just i've never met any girl through playing games, and the girls that i have been with the last few years wouldn't have been gamers, i would have no problem meeting up with a girl i met through gaming if we'd known each other long enough.

i know a couple of guys whose girlfriends are gamers and they all seem very happy together, it's really just one more thing you have in common, same as if you both enjoy running or the theatre, so i guess i've never really classified it as a major thing i would look for in a relationship, just one of many other various things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Lads lads lads.... Are yous really discussing this subject? REALLY???!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Akarinn wrote: »
    Lads lads lads.... Are yous really discussing this subject? REALLY???!!

No we finished talking about it a few weeks back. Your the one who dug up the old thread

Advertisement