Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXPANSYS nightmare !!

Options
  • 16-10-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone here ever used the Expansys website to buy a phone?

I bought the nexus 4 from there website a week ago today and it has not been shipped to me as of yet. When the stock arrived with them yesterday seemly there systems hit a technical glitch and it is after taking them all of 24 hours to fix it. My order went in to the status AWAITING FURTHER INFO, Although the claimed it was a glitch and it is still being sorted my order now reads the following when i track it online

Main Status: In Progress
    Explanation: This order is being processed.

Notes:
    09/10/2013 Sent email - eXpansys order ### ### ### ### - Pre-order Acknowledgement
    09/10/2013 Sent email - Proof of Address
    09/10/2013 Sent email - eXpansys Order Acknowledgement
    09/10/2013 Sent email - EN - ID documents received
    09/10/2013 Sent email - EN - ID documents received
    09/10/2013 Sent email - eXpansys Order Acknowledgement
    14/10/2013 Sent email - eXpansys order reference ### ### ### ###

Remaining to be shipped:

Item Qty
    Ordered Qty Remaining Status
    ASUS AC Adapter for Nexus 7 (EU, Black) 1 1 In Stock
    Google Nexus 4 (EU, 16GB, Black) 1 1 Ordered on request

Why would my order now say "ORDERED ON REQUEST" if yesterday when they order was scanned in the system hit a glitch and now... this?

Although i have asked when it will be shipped all i am getting is "The stock of this particular handset is in stock and is not being released at the moment but it will be shipped very very soon"... I have called and called and called but to no avail.

Can someone please advise me?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Galtrac90

I do know that

Im asking has anyone ordered with them etc. Take ur smartness somewhere else if you dont have anything to say only crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Galtrac90 wrote: »

Im asking has anyone ordered with them etc.

Yes, plenty of people have ordered with them, they are usually fine. Can be expensive at times, and some people have had problems with customer service but you will get that with every company.

Quickest way would be to ring 01 4845944

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭remydegreat

i ordered of them on tuesday,lg g2,said they had 7 in stock,wednesday they went looking for utility bill as proof off adress,then i ring today for tracking no. and they say they out stock and dont know when they getting them back in,so i cancelled order.Really pisses me off that they said they had stock,but they did not,there cowboys,keep away

• Advertisement

and nightmare is only word to describe them,i read bad stuff about them before,dont know what possesed me to order off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Had a few issues with them before, but their support is excellent when you ring them over the phone. Always managed to get it sorted there and then whenever I rang them.

if they say they have stock they should,wouldnt off ordered if they said stock due in,i sent them email and go no reply,and im sure they wouldnt of emailed me saying out off stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

I ordered my lg g2 off them, paid using my debit card used my office address as the delivery address.

Order was processed that day (ordered before noon) and I got it the next morning!

I ordered using their UK website.

Whats the g2 like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Whats the g2 like

Amazing phone!

Its on the threshold of being able to type with the one hand, something I missed with the note 2, while the screen is still big enough. (The thin bezel has helped)

Some people give out about the lg bloatware but I don't mind, actually find it a great help! The buttons at the back are taking some getting some used to but I love that I don't have to press the power button to turn the phone on from its migration thanks to the knock on feature. I also love the 5 columns of apps plus you can have a max of 6 apps at the bottom along with the apps button.

Its great that the bottom buttons are virtual and customizable to suit your needs. Its a pity that there's no recent apps button and that you have to press and hold the home button to launch this but at least the button is not physical like Samsung phones.

The lg keyboard IMHO is a step up on the Samsung keyboard but still not as good as the Google one. The battery is lasting me a day for medium to heavy use which I like and it has an FM radio something the newer Samsung phones don't have! I also like the browser which I think is like the old stock android browser which is good.

Any questions just throw at us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hadit2here

i have had a major issue with expansys, I returned a faulty product before Christmas and I still have not got a refund or a replace....

Last time i will order with them

I attempted to purchase a phone from them about two years ago, order went through no problem but then I received an email the following day requesting utility bills and such as proof of address.

That was when I decided to cancel the order; I called them over the phone and had the order cancelled within minutes.

Advertisement