Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improv Fest Ireland

Options
  • 16-10-2013 3:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've organised Ireland's first improv comedy improv festival, Improv Fest Ireland, which takes place in Dublin in November from 10th to 17th

There are over 21 improv shows, 9 of which are from the US and UK. There are also workshops and classes too.

Its pretty exciting for Ireland to be finally make a mark on the global improv map!

www.improvfestireland.com

So on the topic, given the forum mostly focuses on Stand Up, whats people's view on improv? Do people find an improv show more or less appealing on a random night out than a random stand up gig?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Great stuff, Faceman.

To answer your question, I've only been introduced to improv in recent years. It's not very prominent in the Irish comedy scene, as you know. (Yet).

I spent two Edinburgh fringes working with an American musical improv group, Baby Wants Candy, and that's where I saw how amazing improv can be. Creating something in the moment, uniquely for that particular audience. When it's good, it can't be beaten.

Might check out one or two of the shows. I've heard good things about Upstairs Downton.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Great stuff, Faceman.

To answer your question, I've only been introduced to improv in recent years. It's not very prominent in the Irish comedy scene, as you know. (Yet).

I spent two Edinburgh fringes working with an American musical improv group, Baby Wants Candy, and that's where I saw how amazing improv can be. Creating something in the moment, uniquely for that particular audience. When it's good, it can't be beaten.

Might check out one or two of the shows. I've heard good things about Upstairs Downton.

Baby Wants Candy are awesome. The Fringe gets great improv acts. There was 42 improv shows at it 2 years ago. The Maydays have a really tight musical improv set too. It's their first Irish gig so curious as to what they'll do here.

Advertisement