Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premier inn london docklands?

Options
  • 16-10-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I've searched this section for similar threads but couldn't find any (apologies for cross posting:o).
    I'm tempted to book at the premier inn london docklands excel for my week end in London but not sure how easily the city centre is reachable. I travel from Dublin with Ryanair so it's going to be either Stansted , Luton or Gatwick, depending on what's best linked to the docklands. It's just not clear to me how long would it take from Prince Regent DLR station to reach, say, Covent Garden. Also, I'm worried that the location of the hotel would kind of force me to spend my evening in my room:eek:. Any ideas? TIA
    Solange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Soladx wrote: »
    It's just not clear to me how long would it take from Prince Regent DLR station to reach, say, Covent Garden.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Soladx wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've searched this section for similar threads but couldn't find any (apologies for cross posting:o).
    I'm tempted to book at the premier inn london docklands excel for my week end in London but not sure how easily the city centre is reachable. I travel from Dublin with Ryanair so it's going to be either Stansted , Luton or Gatwick, depending on what's best linked to the docklands. It's just not clear to me how long would it take from Prince Regent DLR station to reach, say, Covent Garden. Also, I'm worried that the location of the hotel would kind of force me to spend my evening in my room:eek:. Any ideas? TIA
    Solange

One thing that would be a big factor in getting anywhere from the Excel centre is whether there are any engineering works scheduled for the weekend you have in mind. You're dependent on the Jubilee line running from Canning Town to get onto the main Underground network, unless you want to be going all the way to Tower Hill before switching to the Tube or catching buses.

I've been to the Excel centre a few times for the MCM expo, and I can't say the immediate surroundings look particularly exciting in terms of entertainment options. It's fine if you're going for a conference or convention and you know other people are also staying at the hotel, but I would give it plenty of consideration otherwise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

i work next to there, and trust me, it is not a place to spend a weekend. It's fine if you just need the exhibition centre or airport, but there is NOTHING else there, and it's not somewhere I would recommend walking around late at night... plus you are reliant on DLR services which are poor compared to being on a tube line, bus services to city from there are almost non existent..

Advertisement