Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ásatrúar in Ireland

Options
  • 15-10-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi!
    Are there any Ásatrúar on boards?
    We are new to Ásatrú and are looking for others to have a bit of chat :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Well, you have me for one :)

Not too sure if there are any others. We tend to be fairly thin on the ground over here, at least in my experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I know of two in Dublin and one in Wicklow, maybe also another in Limerick. Of course you also have Steven Grundy (aka Kvendulf Gundarson) and his wife Melodi living in the Midlands.

Young and alone on a long road,
    Once I lost my way:
    Rich I felt when I found another;
    Man rejoices in man,

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Kveldulf Gundarsson lives here in Ireland?
    Oh wow, I'd love to meet him. I have all his books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

He is taking part in the Goddess Gathering end of November in Roscommon.
    http://www.irishgoddess.com/programme.html

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Hi this is Melodi (aka Sagadis or Mrs. Kveldulf) there are a number of us in Ireland, we have Nothern Traditions Ireland page on facebook you can join if your interested and our local kindred is The Tribe of Thor which is what the native Irish called the Vikings when the moved here.

Looking forward to hearing from other folks,
    Melodi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I missed out on this entirely, but there are claimed to be 69 heathens/Asatruer/<insert personal variation> in Ireland

http://www.norsemyth.org/2014/01/worldwide-heathen-census-2013-results.html

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Yep and we have about that many on the facebook Northern Traditions Ireland list..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I missed out on this entirely, but there are claimed to be 69 heathens/Asatruer/<insert personal variation> in Ireland

Really, that few? I've seen a lot of people over the years wearing Mjölnir pendants, I would always have assumed that most of them would be Ásatrúar. Or some form of neopagan incorporating Thor, anyway.

Advertisement