Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity benefit cut 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

That's a huge cut. :( Especially with it being taxed now as well.

Would I be right in saying that, if I start claiming in December 2013, I'll be on the €262 all the way through? It's only €230 if you start receiving it in 2014? (I'm due at the beginning of January.)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

That's a huge cut. :( Especially with it being taxed now as well.

Would I be right in saying that, if I start claiming in December 2013, I'll be on the €262 all the way through? It's only €230 if you start receiving it in 2014? (I'm due at the beginning of January.)

ye make sure you start mat leave in December ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Madisson wrote: »
    ye make sure you start mat leave in December ;)

Really? Do you not think it will be cut for everyone to lower amount regardless when you start claiming from 1st January? Thank god I get my full wages. I just hope they don't mess it up as I found out that the maternity benefit won't be paid direct to employer! I suppose the free gp cards for the under 5s was a sweetener for us! But supposedly it will not be implemented till July next year as they have to bring in legislation for it!

Millem wrote: »
    Really? Do you not think it will be cut for everyone to lower amount regardless when you start claiming from 1st January? Thank god I get my full wages. I just hope they don't mess it up as I found out that the maternity benefit won't be paid direct to employer! I suppose the free gp cards for the under 5s was a sweetener for us! But supposedly it will not be implemented till July next year as they have to bring in legislation for it!

no it says that its for new claimants after 1st jan 2014 :)

no it says that its for new claimants after 1st jan 2014 :)

Was just about to say I just read on the journal it's for new claimants. It is well worth to start maternity leave end of dec €32 per week is a huge cut. And I was wishfully thinking they would announce paid parental leave or extend maternity leave!!

• Advertisement

Was just about to say I just read on the journal it's for new claimants. It is well worth to start maternity leave end of dec €32 per week is a huge cut. And I was wishfully thinking they would announce paid parental leave or extend maternity leave!!

Ehh ye definitely do it. if I was a january mam I would... u will be thankful of the extra few weeks at the end too..and no working over Christmas. ..yes please :D

Ehh ye definitely do it. if I was a january mam I would... u will be thankful of the extra few weeks at the end too..and no working over Christmas. ..yes please :D

I start mine 1st dec :) not due to January but changes in maternity leave for teachers mean I can't carry forward so if I don't go early I lose it! Can't complain though as won't be back till end of August :) but no doubts will work with examinations for June and July :( need the money.

I start mine 1st dec :) not due to January but changes in maternity leave for teachers mean I can't carry forward so if I don't go early I lose it! Can't complain though as won't be back till end of August :) but no doubts will work with examinations for June and July :( need the money.

Ill be doing exam papers so hoping to have s quiet little one that allows me to do them haha

Ill be doing exam papers so hoping to have s quiet little one that allows me to do them haha

Me too am hoping to do mocks aswell but maybe that is just wishfull thinking!!!!

Me too am hoping to do mocks aswell but maybe that is just wishfull thinking!!!!

U might be glad of something to other than cleaning dirty nappies :D only time will tell :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ah thats grand, gf is due end of nov, start of dec, so we stay on old rate..

ill be feeding her curries every night if baby goes over in december!!!

So basically if you work full time you get €262 and part time €218 at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So basically if you work full time you get €262 and part time €218 at the moment?

Depends on your PRSI credits for the year. If you are class A PRSI it was the 262.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ah thats grand, gf is due end of nov, start of dec, so we stay on old rate..

ill be feeding her curries every night if baby goes over in december!!!

no it depends on your income.
    worked part time but qualified for the full rate based on my prsi payments.
    It was supposed to be 70% of your salary but capped at 262.

There was a minister on the radio earlier claiming it was cut because no one wanted child benefit cut . They did cut child benefit for those with over 3 kids anyway based on last years budget.

Advertisement