Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A medium who left no room for doubt/gavespecific details

Options
  • 15-10-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking for an excellent medium preferably in the Dublin area, but I am williing to travel for the right one. The person must be specifically a medium as opposed to a psychic. Im looking for someone who can give specific details about a spirit as oppossed to generic statements and who doesnt ask questions beforehand.
    There is a specific person I am hoping will come through, and I dont want to disturb this spirit more than once so need to find a genuine medium.
    If (and only if) you have ever had a reading that left you *in no doubt* that your loved one had come through, could you please share? Or pm me if u feel more comfortable.
    Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A couple of points:

A good medium will never ask questions.
    You cannot guarantee a specific contact, ever.
    You cannot 'disturb' a spirit.

I know what you are looking for, and I fear that even if you get a good medium, with such fixed expectations you are going to be disappointed, which would be a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hi,
    Im looking for an excellent medium preferably in the Dublin area, but I am williing to travel for the right one. The person must be specifically a medium as opposed to a psychic. Im looking for someone who can give specific details about a spirit as oppossed to generic statements and who doesnt ask questions beforehand.
    There is a specific person I am hoping will come through, and I dont want to disturb this spirit more than once so need to find a genuine medium.
    If (and only if) you have ever had a reading that left you *in no doubt* that your loved one had come through, could you please share? Or pm me if u feel more comfortable.
    Thanks

There are no mediums that can do this unfortunately. There is a reason they make generic statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Ruthie-Roux

Oryx,
    1-I know a good medium will never ask questions beforehand which is exactly why I asked for only those who do not.

2-I know there is no guarantee of this particular spirit showing up which is why I said "I am hoping"
    3-Whethor or not you can disturb a spirit is a personal opinion. Telling someone who has passed that I would appreciate them coming through and then going to a charlatan who has no mediumship abilities would, in my opinion be disturbing the spirit pointlessly.

Seeking a reputable genuine medium is not setting my sights too high. (you yourself claim that any decent medium will not ask questions beforehand which was the first of the two criteria I listed, so the first is a reasonable request. My second being that the individual can give specific details rather than just generic statements. Anyone can make generic statements and Im not going to pay for that. Several times I have heard of mediums being able to give details they could not have known, ie hobbies of the person, way they died etc, and I would rather visit someone with a good reputation.

Zillah,
    You seem not to believe that true mediums exist, which is fine, but I strongly disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Ok well I went to Gareth keoghan in Trim. I have been to him three times. Yes I am in no doubt that the spirit he connected with was my brother . The details he told me were not generic, quite specific. I won't go to him again as I do not rate him as a psychic but as a medium yes 100%.

Lukesmom, I will look him up. Its mediumship that Im after for this visit anyway so if hes good with that, thats what I want.
    Thanks for the response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Hi, I personally haven't been but I have heard of two sisters in Drogheda that are meant to be excellent mediums. I now of a few people that went and they were told very specific things about their loved ones. It might be worth a look into

Thanks Karona-
    Would you know what their names are, or where I could get contact details?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

you could try Rory Bates he would be near enough to you there

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

Mediums are all con artists.
    There is no such thing as a psychic and there is no way to communicate with the dead.
    The dead are dead.
    Mediums are disgusting people - probably psychopaths with no conscience - to take advantage of desperate people at their most vulnerable and gullible.

Watch Derren Brown expose mediums for the frauds that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Agree that they are all frauds but OP really really wants to be conned so what she seems to be looking for is a more believable con artist. someone who will tell her that the dead are not dead but rather would like to converse with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭claypigeon777

regress wrote: »
    Agree that they are all frauds but OP really really wants to be conned so what she seems to be looking for is a more believable con artist. someone who will tell her that the dead are not dead but rather would like to converse with her.

I could tell her about a male relative named Paddy who smoked a pipe suffered from arthritis and chest pains who is trying to contact her yada yada yada.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

mod

Please respect the views of posters in this forum, which is for the discussion of psychics and mediums. Outright skepticism has its place, but this is not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

Mediums are all con artists.
    There is no such thing as a psychic and there is no way to communicate with the dead.
    The dead are dead.
    Mediums are disgusting people - probably psychopaths with no conscience - to take advantage of desperate people at their most vulnerable and gullible.

Watch Derren Brown expose mediums for the frauds that they are.

I could not agree more. They are parasites that feed of the emotions of broken hearted people. My wife and I went to see Bernie Stokes a few weeks back. I went for the drink and she out of curiosity. We went with
    friends and before the show started both her friends boyfriend and I, said
    that we would give the names that would ellegedly contact her. I gave Ann, Mary and Michael. Quess what the first two names were...
    Ann and Mary. These are two of the most common names in Ireland. Everyone knows an Ann or a Mary. She then said she had someone here
    who died that was shot. The show was in Coolock. Everyone in Coolock knows someone who has got shot. She gave the name Keith but no one
    knew him. Then she said that Keith might be his nickname or the name of
    his close friend. All bull. She then told some girl who was or had been a
    drug abuser that she had been through a tough time and had made a big
    change to her life lately. Obviously by listening to the girl she was recently
    a junkie and was having treatment or still a junkie but was not going to
    admit it to over a hundred people in a room. I could go on with the BS
    she gave but I would be here all day.
    They are all lowlifes who prey on peoples emotions and all should be
    locked up for fraud..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

I agree that there are people out there who will scam vunerable people and lie about there non existent abilities but I have had many personal experiences of spirits, angels and seeing things that happened sometimes through feeling rather than seeing. So I personally believe that there are genuine mediums and psychics out there, you see because I have experienced other worldly happenings and keep in mind I can be quite skepical myself but once experienced and no logical or scientific explanation you think to yourself ""oh ****"". I hope this person sees a medium that will give her/him the answers they are looking for. There is no garrentee that the spirit in question will show but if you ask them to be present for your app you should get a good reading. I went to see a lady called maura geoghegan in bennettbridge in kilkenny, she wrote a book oh cant remember the name of it, but google it, she goes into a trance and just talks what she is shown and she is a medium! When I saw her she recorded it and you get a copy,.its hard to remember it all so good to listen back :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hi Ruthie,

As a trained medium myself, you never ask the sitter questions... only to confirm with a yes/no answer... so any good medium wont ask as or will stop you when you do give info, as well it can interfer with the reading by breaking the energy.. regarding a specific person to come through... a medium can certainly try and connect with a specific person but they are just an instrument for connection.. the phone rings they pick it up they dont know who will ring until they are given the information by spirit themselves... mediums will give you generic information so as to place the sitter but any good medium should give you very specific memories/names/dates/places or whatever so you know that they are in fact genuine.. It is a mediums job to prove the afterlife & to heal in the process.. nothing more nothing less..

As well you should feel in your heart that what they are saying is correct.. use your own intuition.. everyone has intuition to gauge their authenticity... but always remember (from a mediums point of view).. most sitters can be inauthentic also.. by looking for specific outcomes rather than the truth... e.g. if you don't tell them that they are going to make them happy for whatever reason, the sitter will usually say they were cr*p.... keep an open mind, be positive and be truthful with your own self & expectations and this will help with the reading itself..

ever had a reading that left you *in no doubt* that your loved one had come through
    yes all the time but then again I work with other mediums so its part and parcel for me.. i expect good results and usually always get them.. :o) As well, mediums are human too though.. you get them on good days and bad days.. spirits can also come with brilliant energy one day and a low energy the next making it hard to read.. but in general a good medium is usually mainly always a good medium!

I've had personal private memories, very specific details revealed to me.. which left me beyond doubt. I've also given irrefutable proof so I treat every reading I give as invalidated and not genuine until I get the evidence that will prove beyond doubt.. its good for both parties to be a bit skeptical but also openminded! ;o)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Oryx wrote: »
    mod

Please respect the views of posters in this forum, which is for the discussion of psychics and mediums. Outright skepticism has its place, but this is not it.

Oh this is the thread where we encourage con men to rip off suckers...

noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

Karona wrote: »
    Hi, I personally haven't been but I have heard of two sisters in Drogheda that are meant to be excellent mediums. I now of a few people that went and they were told very specific things about their loved ones. It might be worth a look into

Hi
    Do you know if these two sisters in Drogheda are accurate at making future predictions as well as being mediums. I visited one of these lady's a couple of years ago and she was very good as a medium but I just want to know is she good at future predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Well when my sister went they told her my mam would be brought into hospital but not to worry that it wasn't cancer, true enough 4 months later my mam had a scare was brought into hospital for tests and it wasn't cancerous.

A cousin of mine was also told she would-be going in for a procedure and sure enough in two weeks she has to go in.

I'm still waiting on the love of my life to turn up that she told my sister about lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Oryx wrote: »
    You cannot 'disturb' a spirit.

Hi Oryx. Would you mind elaborating on this? I have often wondered about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 twinky82

Karona wrote: »

Hi :)...If at all possible would you have the number for these two sisters and if so could I get it off you..thank you so much! xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I've been to many but after going to the two sisters in Drogheda last August I would never go to anybody but them again. Nothing compares to the reading they gave me, exceptional gifts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

your mother says your dad is fine

Advertisement