Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's suit sizes?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

If a man wears 32 32 pants and 41cm shirts what suit size should he take? Trying to surprise my father but have no idea what size to get!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I don't think you can choose a particular suit fit just based on waist and leg length and neck size. I have a 16.5 (41) shirt and 32 waist and 34 leg and wear 40L (long) suits because my arms are long and I'm slim build. However, if I was bulkier on top, I'd need a 42L jacket or if I had shorter arms I might need R or S.

Does he have any other suits in his wardrobe that you can take a peek at for size (or ask someone who has access to them)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 My Personal Tailor

With pretty much all ready made suits ( that aren't mix and match) there is a six inch drop from jacket size to trousers waist i.e. 40R has 34R trousers. In saying that, a lot of jeans and some trousers especially US brands that have a 32/32 label for instance may actually measure 34 or 35" on the waist so that person might actually need a 40R and not a 38R suit. Also the 41 on the shirt size is 41" chest which equates to 16" neck

Advertisement