Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress site...how much to charge?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I know this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string.." type of question, but someone asked me to do a Wordpress site for them. I've done a good few in the past in jobs, but not as a freelancer. I'm just wondering how much to charge them.

It's a simple enough site, a few content pages, some jquery plugins for a gallery, image rotator, email contact form and they provide the design and graphics themselves. I'm quite an experienced developer but don't do freelance work usually. I don't want to give a crazy quote as it's a once off. Ballpark figure anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

jimmybeige wrote: »
    I know this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string.." type of question, but someone asked me to do a Wordpress site for them. I've done a good few in the past in jobs, but not as a freelancer. I'm just wondering how much to charge them.

It's a simple enough site, a few content pages, some jquery plugins for a gallery, image rotator, email contact form and they provide the design and graphics themselves. I'm quite an experienced developer but don't do freelance work usually. I don't want to give a crazy quote as it's a once off. Ballpark figure anyone?

Pick an hourly rate, estimate the amount of time you expect it to take. Double the amount of time and bingo thats the price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Once you've decided on your rate, write down what it covers, especially in the area of changes, support and ongoing maintenance. If it's once-off, hand-it-over-and-you're-done, make sure you specify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

I will say that it must cover hours for time spent. A simple wordpress site can be done in 10-15 hours. so according to what you think your hourly rate is - may be 250-300 will be a good price to start with.

Advertisement