Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal stuff in Tesco/Dunnes etc. ?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 12:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a few muslim friends who are difficult to cook for :)

Do Tesco, Dunnes, Supervalu etc stock any halal meat products? Any pizzas? Burgers?

By the way I found out that all Albrakebabras are halal (I called the HQ) and the chicken (only the chicken) sold in Dominos is halal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I haven't seen anything that is Halaal in tesco/Dunnes etc. Maybe other have seen some stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

My local Dunnes carried a range of curry ready meals that were halal, just stuff like chicken tikka, korma etc. - I can't remember the brand name but they were clearly marked as halal. Other than those I haven't noticed anything else, I rarely shop in Tesco or other supermarkets so I wouldn't know about that.

It would probably be easier for you to find a halal shop/butchers and buy stuff there, assuming you are near any that is but I'd imagine if your friends are strict when it comes to diet they must be getting their food from somewhere.

Advertisement