Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage refusal

Options
  • 14-10-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

After speaking with the council I have been told that I would be eligible for a decent enough mortgage pending refusal from bank/building society/broker.

I know that any mortgage that I would get from the bank would not be as good as that given the by council and would need a larger deposit.

My intention is to just get flat out refusal from the banks.

How would I go about this?

Would I tell the bank/broker straight out my intentions from the start when I speak to them? If I do could it be expected of them to ever get back to me knowing it is a waste of time for them?

Would I only look for the amount which I know I can get from the council knowing that this will be refused?

Would a bank still offer me a mortgage of a low sum instead of a refusal as I know banks would rather massage refusal figures at the moment?

Anyone any experience of this with any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

begod wrote: »

Would I tell the bank/broker straight out my intentions from the start when I speak to them? If I do could it be expected of them to ever get back to me knowing it is a waste of time for them?

That to me sounds like it could be considered fraud. You are trying to intentionally make a situation happen in order to qualify. The suggestion of telling the broker what you want could be seen as coercion to meet your desired outcome.

Better to just apply and get an honest response from the banks to be on the safe side.

Advertisement