Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed load implants

Options
  • 14-10-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how to go about getting a permanent crown fitted to my already existing dental implant. Basically, when I lived abroad I got a delayed load implant and a temporary crown. That was almost a year ago now and I now need to find a dentist that can fit a permanent crown to the implant. I know systems differ and this might end up being a problem but are there any dentists in the country that use a TSI system by OCO biomedical? My dentist has set me this information:

Tooth # Type of Implant Size Brand
    (12) TSI 3.25X14 OCO Biomedical.

Anybody know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

As a dentist that does a lot of implants I have never hears of this system. From the internet it seems to be a south American system having a unique connection specific to the system (a lot of systems have standard compatible connections this does not).

You are going to have difficulty getting it restored as a dentist would need to buy in screws, impression coping, analogues, abutments for the system and they may not have licensing and approval for Europe, I dont know. Its possible but will be a giant pain and rather expensive (as the dentist has to buy this stuff for you and will never use it again). If at all possible go back to the dentist that placed it. This is a major problem with dentists using implants that are from small companies. They are nice and cheap but the parts are all weird and unique to avoid licensing fees for standard connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Singalong

I am in a similar situation, only in reverse - I am undergoing the implant procedures started in September 2013, completed the sinus lifting and bone grafting, waiting for the next procedure in January 2014. This is the problem, I will be moving away on an overseas assignment for 2 years in January, will not be able to complete the implant in Ireland. Will I be able to continue the next procedure in South East Asia - Malaysia or Singapore? Appreciate your advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yes you could have it completed abroad, however you might be better getting the implants inserted and waiting to have it completed with whoever started it. Maybe when back on holidays or whatever.Having a lot of cooks means nobody is responsible for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Singalong

Thanks for your advice. Very much appreciated!

Advertisement